Headlight beam adjusment & loud blower

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
seanJ67

Post by seanJ67 »

Hi all,

I've had my 17 plate since August, and have 2 niggles which I'm hoping someone can help with please.

I'm finding when i drive at night I'm getting flashed at a lot - people assuming I'm on high beam when I'm not. I guess the lights on this are are very bright but does anyone else get this? The car was MOT'd the day before I got it so I assume the beams were ok - it's at the point now where I'm reluctant to drive at night. I've tried to find info on adjusting them but there's not much about - I have the auto adjusting lights on mine.

Secondly the blower fan seems very loud when set to the last couple of settings - it's almost like the fan is vibrating as it spins.

Any advice would be welcome - it's booked into the dealer next week, but if possible I'd like to avoid it.

Thanks all!

Sean

deccadick

Post by deccadick »

On the lights issue, have you got a headlamp adjuster situated in the controls by your right knee? This is used to adjust the beam height depending on load so you may have it set too high.
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

Sorry I should have added that the info is on page 145 of the online handbook.
seanJ67

Post by seanJ67 »

Hi, thanks for this, no mine doesn't have that - apparently its fully automatic based on load. I'm assuming there must be an adjuster on the light unit somewhere but I can't find any info.
cam7spf

Post by cam7spf »

Apologies for late reply to this post - have only just joined the forum.
I think I have the same problem with my heater blower motor. It makes a loud rattle type noise, only when the engine starts from cold and the ambient temperature is cold/cool. Hence it rarely does it during the summer months. As soon as the engine warms up the noise gradually reduces and finally stops. It's an embarrassingly loud noise, which I suspect is the motor bearing. I bought the car (3008 2017 GT Line 1.2 auto) 2 years ago with under 3000 miles and it has had the problem since I bought it - now 12000 miles. It is booked in for its annual service shortly and I have asked the service dept to look at the problem again. Even with a recording of the noise last time, they didn't do anything about - probably didn't even look! If you have any more information on this annoying problem, I would be most interested. Thanks.