Hybrid4 not cranking

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
djambazovauto

Post by djambazovauto »

Hi I am new in this forum.I bought a 3008 hybrid4 2.0hdi from auction with problem not starting. I checked with diagbox.no faults in engine but message "engine fault stop engine". I have got a fault at traction battery" circuit cut-off.open circuit ".the car has a small accident on the rear left door.thanks

Deleted User 1837

Post by Deleted User 1837 »

HI....welcome to the forum....have you checked the voltage at the battery,....
Pcwaite

Post by Pcwaite »

Hi I have had my hybrid4 for 3 years now & last year it failed to start.
The garage said the hybrid system had picked up fault & shut down,they reset it & it was fine for a year.
October last year it did the same I had just filled it up & it would not start say stop engine failure.
It was towed back to the garage where it still is as the ecu for the hybrid battery has failed. These are £2000 to buy from Peugeot.
I am struggling to find the correct battery pack as they all have different part Nos.
I think I’m going to have to buy one from a scrapper & take a chance that it can be programmed to my car as it’s not worth paying £2000 out.
Surely Peugeot can have programed these cars so the engine would run to get you home.
Pcwaite

Post by Pcwaite »

Hi yes the battery is fine it’s the ecu in the battery pack that has failed.
I have just ordered a second hand one today hopefully it will start &program to my car.
Thanks Alan