Several electrical issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
hybridbunny

Post by hybridbunny »

I'm having, what seems to be, electrical issues with my 2017 Peugeot 3008 aswell. Bought in august 2020 as a brand new vehicle. 20 plate.

After only 1 month I started having issues with the USB port not sending any power, so it wouldnt charge or connect my phone to the car. Turning off the car for 10 minutes usually fixed it for a few days, but sometimes it would happen mid drive and was really annoying. I went to peugeot, and because it was working at the time, they refused to do anything about it. They said I needed to wait until it flat out didnt work at all. So that instantly made me regret my purchase.

4 months later and several other problems had been occuring, rarely and randomly, but still a worrying bunch of issues. The inner door sil LED lights would flicker whislt driving, the HUD would sometimes stop showing any information, the voice control would sometimes activate without anyone talking or any button being pressed. Also, the "Auto" full beam assist would stop working as intended, so sometimes whilst driving the "Auto" part would turn off, leaving the lights at full beam. When the "Auto" part kicked back in the headlights would turn off for a split second and resume as normal. This would happen with a freshly washed windscreen, no rain. So the asteriks in the manual didnt really apply as nothing should have been interferring with the sensor.

The main issue that arrose from all this was that the "Auto" full beam assist kicked back in one day, and my headlights just turned off, driving along, approximately 60mph, in the dark, boom, pitch black. Slammed on the brakes, turned the car off, turned it back on, everything was fine.

Told peugeot about all these issues and was met with, "Hmmm, are you sure you didnt just turn them off?" and then a "If we cant replicate it, we wont fix it".So, I just told a peugeot aftersales rep that the brand new car I purchased could have caused a fatal accident, and they blame user error.

3 days later I had to use the car again, but I made sure it was in the daytime, but it was starting to get dark on my way home, so it was semi dark, the "Auto" full beam assist did its thing again, but this time, instead of the light turning off, they flcikered in a strobe like fashion at an on coming car for a few seconds. My partner, who is photosensitive, was in my passenger seat, had a seizure because of this. Once we got home after that ordeal, I instantly wrote to peugeot again, hoping they may take these issues more seriously, but I was met with "Again, I am sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your car.
We look forward to seeing you tomorrow"

Then, he asked me if there is anything I could have done to cause these issues. I just walked out. Such a pathetic attitude towards a customer with a faulty car that, on 2 occasions, could have killed someone.

After he drove my car for 162 miles, and "thouroughly testing it, the only issue he found was the fault with the USB port, which he said he replaced. My suspicion isnt a fauly port, rather some faulty wiring that connects all these things together. All these things connect to the central unit and can all be controlled via the touch screen, so turning off all these features would probably solve them, but then why pay £32,500 for a car that nearly kills your family when you turn on all the features on that you paid for?

I'm never buying from peugeot again, and once the car is returned, I will be making a proper complaint against the dealership. Such pathetic customer service, especially considering the danger of the faults. They should be treated with top priority regardless if they can see it happen personally or not.

Horrible company.

P.S. This is just my opinion, and my experience. I'm sure other people have had really good experiences with peugeot. Just wondering if anyone could maybe come up with a few possible reasons as to what could be causing these issues so I could maybe forward them to the "mechanic".