error message wont drive in electric mode

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
MRCLION

Post by MRCLION »

Hi does any body know what this means , electric mode not available automatic operation in progress

error (2).jpg

Phil1669

Post by Phil1669 »

Hi. I took delivery of my hybrid4 in July. After a few months I found that even after a full night charge the vehicle would not enter electric mode. The dealer took the car in and tried to say that as I did a lot of short journeys (which was the reason I bought it!) the 12 volt auxiliary battery was not sufficiently charged to enter electric mode! This was despite it being plugged into the charging station. It has been back three times now for updates but the problems remain. I now get the warning 'electric mode not available-ambient conditions ' I am getting to the position that I am considering legal action..
jimbo123

Post by jimbo123 »

I have the same
Apparently it is the oil vapour corrupting the fuel and you have to drive 50-80 miles with the engine running to clear the fault (which works

If I drive that car every day it is ok and typically my journeys are about 6 miles through town and i charge afterwards If I miss a couple of days it will not start in electric mode or switch to electric mode and the engine does not even stop start but just runs continuously even on my drive.

I am considering what to do

There is a comment in the manual about the exact fault but unfortunately they do not provide a manual. It is online
Last edited by jimbo123 on Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Codhead

Post by Codhead »

During lockdown I've had my Karoq connected to a CTek trickle charger. I assume the on-board charger only connects to the main battery, so can the 12 volt battery be charged separately? I use the socket in the boot. We are testing a hybrid 3008 next week, but if the fault as reported is present, then we won't buy one because most journeys are twice a week to the shops at 4 miles each, plus a longer drive every two weeks. If I can't use it on electric drive only, then it defeats the object of buying the car in the first place. Also, of course, it's a pain having to connect two chargers!
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

Hybrids sound like more trouble than they are worth.
jimbo123

Post by jimbo123 »

But when they work properly they are fast, smooth and yet relaxingly quiet
This is my 5th hybrid over the years but the first PHEV I have tried. I nearly bought a Tesla but range anxiety pushed my to a PHEV
Phil1669

Post by Phil1669 »

I do agree that when the car is actually working as it should it is a joy to drive. However, after 8 months I am still getting the same problems with it failing to start or go into electric mode. I have over twenty videos of the car failing to start in electric mode with the Error message 'Electric mode not available - Ambient conditions'. This is after being charged overnight on a proper charging pod. I am beginning to think that for anyone wanting to do lots of short journeys this is not the vehicle for you. It will shortly be back to the dealer for the forth time but I have no confidence that they will be able to rectify the problem.
Also, do not think that you will get any where near the 35 -40 miles range in electric mode. 20 - 25 is more realistic.
jimbo123

Post by jimbo123 »

Peugeot fault.png

That is the fault as described in the manual I think
hasse@lorentzon.be

Post by hasse@lorentzon.be »

Hi Peugeot friends.
Has anyone fixed the problem that the car does not want to run on electricity. I live in Sweden and have the same problem. It is not weather dependent, as the car is stored in a heated garage. Recently, the start has also been difficult. When you press the start button, the engine goes around a few revolutions, then it dies. Then you have to start over. Depress the brake and press the start button again.
PerUH

Post by PerUH »

Lively the fault is caused by the dc/dc converter which charges the 12v service battery in the back/boot (not the front)