Intermitted touch idle question.

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
Lenni1402

Post by Lenni1402 »

Good afternoon, i AM new here but i hope the expertise is here to solve the problem.
The repairs i do, i do it myself. To cars and motorcycles. I totally rebuild a BMW 1150gsa front the Bottom up including the gearbox and engine. IT had 230000km on the clock and is in brand new state.

Now we are going to talk about my Peugeot 3008. A 2010 model in good state. The engine had a stutter during excelleration and during idle.
I tore the engine apart to clean the inletports and inlet valves. These werd very dirty. All ports and valves are clean now. The valvecover was removed to inspect the chain, Guide and tentioner. I heard from the Peugeot dealer that the chain was replaced in the end of 2019. IT is in perfect running order.
I replaced oil, filters, o2 sensor (sluggish), sparkplugs, camshaft sensor.

The car accelerates very good now, so that problem is solved. The only this that i now have is:
During idle the car intermittedly surges. So it runs fine and the dips in revs. IT goes up to 1100 and goed back to 800. Sometimes is runs beautifully and suddenly starts shuddering, only during idle. During cold start it does it more often but also with warm engine IT sometimes does it.
The temperature is normal on the dashboard but i can not figure out what it is. Does anyone have experience with this type of problem? By the way,IT does nog throw up any error codes.

Sorry for my english, my autocorrect is dutch🤔