2011 Radio Buttons Fault but intermittent?

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
OriginalMOS

Post by OriginalMOS »

Hi all,

I've just recently bought a 2011 (61) 3008 1.6HDi and noticed the radio buttons sometimes work on the faceplate of the main unit. The control stalk is fine, the on/off/volume seems ok too but all of the other buttons don't work at all. then some will work for a short while - except the 'Menu' button has never worked - i think the model is RD45 BT. it has the rear parking sensors too. i can't connect to bluetooth as i can't confirm or change the codes.

i cant get into the menus at all to set the time or change any of the settings. i'm not that clued up on modern radios and how they are coded to cars (i've seen VIN coding for new devices) but i want to remove the device to try clean it/inspect it. so i had a couple of questions.

1) if i disconnect the radio from the car - will i need to put a code in to 'unlock' it like the old Ford RDS radios? i don't have a code and while it's working i'm hesitant to start pulling it out and disconnecting it.

2) i've seen a few google matches suggesting these front panels do fail and 'get a new one' - anyone experienced this? do i need the whole head unit or literally the front panel

so - thoughts?

Goffzy

Post by Goffzy »

Hi did you find a solution to this as I'm having the same problem?