Installing dashcam reverse parking camera sensor switch, 2011 model

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
Guacamole

Post by Guacamole »

Hi, I bought and installed a dashcam in my Peugeot 3008 2011 model. It comes with a rear view camera that has a red wire I can hook up to the reverse light, so it can go into parking camera mode automatically when it detects an electric current.
However, I'm having trouble finding out exactly where and how I can hook said wire up. (Location, access, disassembly needed, etc...)
Any help would be welcome, thanks!

fatboyslim

Post by fatboyslim »

I know this is an old thread but posting in the hope the OP can/will reply
I'm trying to fit my dashcam in my 2011 3008 and can't find a switched fuse anywhere, so just wondering how you wired yours in?
Guacamole

Post by Guacamole »

fatboyslim wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:49 am I know this is an old thread but posting in the hope the OP can/will reply
I'm trying to fit my dashcam in my 2011 3008 and can't find a switched fuse anywhere, so just wondering how you wired yours in?
Sorry, I never managed to solve it...
Tipovtong

Post by Tipovtong »

fatboyslim wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 6:49 am I know this is an old thread but posting in the hope the OP can/will reply
Hi, I power my Dashcam with USB cable (with USB EXTENSION) strait from a 12v cigerette lighter/USB PLUG (FRONT) as it is ignition switch controlled.
My reverse camera was powered by rear (boot 12v) charger port,this has a permanent live but because it is activated by the reverse light (mine was also a red wire)
Mine is a wifi system so didn't get the problem of routing wires through the car.The only problem I haven't solved is where to put the screen without damaging the dash?
Hope this helps.
Guacamole

Post by Guacamole »

Tipovtong wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:59 pm
Hi, I power my Dashcam with USB cable (with USB EXTENSION) strait from a 12v cigerette lighter/USB PLUG (FRONT) as it is ignition switch controlled.
My reverse camera was powered by rear (boot 12v) charger port,this has a permanent live but because it is activated by the reverse light (mine was also a red wire)
Mine is a wifi system so didn't get the problem of routing wires through the car.The only problem I haven't solved is where to put the screen without damaging the dash?
Hope this helps.
Hi, the issue is that I have a 2-in-1 system where the reverse camera can be turned to automatically on the screen if voltage is detected in the reverse light. It does not need separate power.
Tipovtong

Post by Tipovtong »

I understand 👍 But you shoulkd be able to run it from the front charger socket (check that the unit power requirements are within the sockets safe limits👍)
Just out of iterest, how/where have you managed to mount the moniter?
Guacamole

Post by Guacamole »

I have enough power to run the unit, that was never a problem for me.

I just have it mounted on my windscreen under the rear view mirror on the far side (does not hinder mirror adjusting)