Parking brake fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
jonesblakey76

Post by jonesblakey76 »

I have a 2012 1.6 auto

On the display it says parking brake fault and I cannot use it manually but it works if I turn off engine. Warranty company sent it to halfords to diagnose the problem but they can't :roll: and have recommended it goes to dealers to get sorted

Anyone else had any problems with this issue

TheBigMac

Post by TheBigMac »

I had this fault also, handbrake would apply when engine was switched off and would release automatically when driving away, but would not work manually at all. I replaced the handbrake switch with one from EBay and it worked fine after that. To remove it from the car, you need to gently prise out the chrome surround of the gear lever with something plastic (I used one of my wife's kitchen spatula's), Do one side first then the other. It is just held in place by plastic tangs at each side. Use something plastic to avoid damaging the trim. Once you have it off you will see the switch exposed, and it is very easy to remove from its mounting and then remove the cable block connector. You can test the new one before reassembly, which is just a reverse of removal.