Touchscreen Failure

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
calisto51

Post by calisto51 »

I own a 3008 GT 67 plate its not long out of warranty and the Touchscreen has failed. Driving the car is a nightmare with so many functions disabled. The dealer has quote initially £1120 to replace it. They have now come back and offered a 50% discount. I was advised to contact customer services to put my case being assured that it would be dealt with quickly. this I did and was advised they would contact the dealer over the issue. I called on Friday my dealer is contacting them on a daily basis but no updates. What makes it worse is I had an issue with the touchscreen 3 months after purchase and was advised by the dealer it just needed an upgrade. I have had ongoing niggles where the system would drop out and then re-boot. The touchscreen controls most of the safety features on the car and I really don't feel safe driving it. When you been used to all the aids its a real issue reversing into a tight parking space. I have bitten the bullet and will cough up 50% for the repair. But one thing is sure the car will be gone by the end of the month and Peugeot will not be on my shopping list for any future purchase.

Live life

Post by Live life »

In my opinion the touchscreen should not have failed on a car of that age.

Take a look at this https://www.theguardian.com/money/2006/ ... tocomplain

Personally I’d contact Peugeot HQ direct and ask for a new screen.

Sadly cars these days have too much gadgetry for my liking including my state of the technological 2019 3008 GT Premium.

Good luck