Hybrid Battery Range

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
Steve20166

Post by Steve20166 »

Only complaint on mine now is it charges at only 3.9kwh and I was told 7.4kwh on finding this out (first charge) I took it straight back.
They had no idea 7.4kw chargers are optional extras and I’ve got a replacement vehicle coming next month and £900 for the inconvenience of me doing high mileage and not being able to use electric, 4 hours stop every 60-70 miles on a journey isn’t happening !!
Have no choice but to drive around with a flat battery once that overnight charge has gone.

Marsha 123

Post by Marsha 123 »

I replied to a advert on Facebook last night warning people of the low range
Straight away peugoet messaged me asked for my car registration number and my contact details. This morning I had a message from them saying the person dealing with my complaint has not come on shift yet but as soon as she does they will get her right onto my case and get back to me ASAP. Let's see what happens will keep all informed.
Jay748

Post by Jay748 »

Wow! I thought I was the only one.
I got my 3008 hybrid4 back at the end of October 21, I had a 3008 gt 2L diesel before and loved it but for the small trips I did I didn't need that engine size. I liked the power of the hybrid4 so chose that one in vertigo blue with black pack, I thought it would be perfect, how wrong was I.
I'm having the same issues as you guys and my dealership is about as useful as a chocolate fire guard. The first week I got the car the wife and I took a trip from home in Cornwall to Scunthorpe, I had done the trip in my previous 3008 and was happy with the MPG, and this new one should be amazing seeing Peugeot state 166.2 - 235.4 MPG. I got 40, yes 4-0, I was god smacked, I rang the dealer to complain and say there is something wrong and all I got was "it's a long journey on motorways, that's about right and because I wasn't regening much I don't have the electric power to get the MPG up."
After we got back I had to book it in for the 1000 mile check up and said to the salesman I'm only getting 22 miles on a full charge. He said that wasn't right so we can book it in for diagnostics and that it might need a software update. It went in (you can see where this is going) and they found nothing wrong, they informed me they had another one as a demo car and that would only charge to the same amount and it comes down to my driving style. I said to them these are not the figures that are stated when buying the car but as you can guess they don't care one bit.
On the way out the salesman stopped me and showed me a graph (I'll try and get hold of it and post it on here) which shows to get the 36-38 miles of range the ambient temperature needs to be 20 degrees and you have to drive at 19 MPH!! Plus I live in Cornwall where you go up hill to get to anywhere. I said I was more disgusted about the MPG figures and Peugeot wouldn't say it would do that amount as it would never get there, I showed him the figures on the sales brochure, he was speechless!

I've done the customer survey but after reading all your experiences I'm not holding my breath for a response.

Well that's my rant over if anyone does go to trading standards and they need more cases/people I'm happy to share my grief!
Elgar

Post by Elgar »

Add me to the club! Just posted on a different forum where this is also being discussed. I bought my 3008 in December, used by the dealer as a demo vehicle, ever since I got it battery range is in the range of 12 miles. I hardly ever charge it anymore since there's no real savings and battery doesn't last.
jasonhughes

Post by jasonhughes »

Hi Everyone. Picked my 3008 Hybrid up from the dealer 4 weeks ago and had only 18 miles of electric, they said to give it a good charge overnight and it will go up to the 38-40. Not once has it ever charged above 21.. mostly 18 miles which driving as slow as possible with everything switched off did I achieve 10 miles of all electric. I would love to join a massive complaint against the company for false mis-representation.
Highwayman

Post by Highwayman »

I would support a protest as my 2020 3008 Hybrid never did more than 24 miles on fully electric and now struggles to do more than about 18 miles - I have noted this to the dealer every time I talk to them but this is the most unsatisfied I have been with the 3008, and this one is my third!
3008 SUV GT + Grip Control in Ultimate Red (Love It!) :D
Ordered 9th January, Built 2nd March, Arrived in U.K. 20th March, Delivered to Dealer 28th March, Collected 30th March 8-)
jasonhughes

Post by jasonhughes »

There is no way of checking that the hybrid 4 range(35-40) is in the car? hybrid basic models only state 25 miles on the website maybe they have put the wrong battery cells in the hybrid4? Just a thought!!!
jasonhughes

Post by jasonhughes »

Steve20166 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:10 am I’m getting 36 miles indicted range and about 38 on trip meter now.
Hi Steve20166, When you picked the car up did it have a full charge and state 36 miles? I picked mine up on Jan 20th 2022 and only had 18 miles and has never been above that.
Boydepj1

Post by Boydepj1 »

Steve20166 wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:10 am I’m getting 36 miles indicted range and about 38 on trip meter now.
How?
Boydepj1

Post by Boydepj1 »

My Peugeot app is showing 24 miles electric left and the car is showing 16. Only showed 18 fully charged. Summat up here. Contacted Customer Care today but no answer yet. Dealer not replying either. Wonder if my Legal Assistance will help