Hybrid Battery Range

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
GrahamC

Post by GrahamC »

Another club member I am afraid. My 21 plate 3008 hybrid is now only getting 17ml per charge. It started out at 29/30mile range and held this for approximately 4 mths using a home charging cable ( plug in 3 pin socket). I averaged two charges per week. After 4 mths the next 4 charges gradually reduced to 22 mile range and it held at this for 6 weeks before further reducing to 17 miles ( current ). It was noted that the charging time and power used from mains did not change - just the overall indicated range when 100% charged, I took the car into dealer for full diagnostic check when it first fell to 22 mile range. They could find no fault. They also contacted Peugeot technical dept who confirmed that the dealer technician had done all possible diagnostic checks correctly. The only comment Peugeot made was that the charging cable may be at fault.The cable was not one purchased from Peugeot but one from Amazon. Since then I have charge the car using different rates of charge (8amp, 10 amp, 13 amp- this being the main amperage used from start). It made no difference - charging times and kwh used during charging remained the same (13 amp) or pro rat for lower amperages. I have also used the eSave mode on the car to charge up the battery - this once again only gave 17 mile range at full 100% charge. Clearly there is a fault with the battery pack and I will shortly revisit my dealership to request a replacement battery pack under warranty - lets see what happens! I also do not intend to let the matter drop.

Steve20166

Post by Steve20166 »

Exactly same problem as above but with additionally I found mine would only charge at 3.1KWH max even on the POD point 7.4’s.
I visited the dealership and they didn’t have a clue why this would be, I insisted they find out, several phone calls to thier technical lines the salesman came back and said it was fitted with a 3.9KWH onboard charger maximum.
I was told it was 7.4 and they even tried selling me a 7.4 wallbox for £150 which I said yes to, to later be told I couldn’t have it, was for full EV’s only.
Big disappointment X2.
The salesman then said for £2k they could change the onboard charger.
Complaint to Peugot UK and they ordered a replacement vehicle and £900 cash back for the inconvenience, new car arrives in March.
My car too will not give above 22 miles range on any chargers and despite rolling down hills and using regen. In real life I’m getting 18 miles max. This is after 5 hours charging.
It’s a huge disappointment and to get less than half the quoted figure is scandalous, yes it’s done on WLT Whatever but it doesn’t even roughly relate under any conditions and I wonder with thier full EV’s qouted at 217 and 208 miles range do they give even half that ?
How many of these cars must have been returned and sit there piling up ??
Steve20166

Post by Steve20166 »

Those that have contacted trading standards etc share the contact and address of each and we can all contact same people and maybe get somewhere ?

If my replacement is exactly the same I will basically leave it with them until it performs as promised and drive thier courtesy car !
Deuc

Post by Deuc »

Also the same problem. Started with 28-32 miles indicated when we picked up the car in May, this remained constant pretty much until around Oct, when we started to see it drop off. now only shows 14-16 miles when fully charged to 100% using 7kwh home charger.
Accepting the move to colder weather would have had some affect, but this appears to be an extreme change in range.
RB100

Post by RB100 »

Hi, new to forum but have same problem. Picked up new 21 plate 3008 Hybrid 4 in April it had full charge of 34 miles showing. For next few months we got 28 to 34 on full charge. For the last 3 months it has averaged 14 miles to a full charge (low of 11 high of 16 since November). It is driven very carefully with the dial showing between charge and Eco for almost every journey. I had a Mitsubishi Phev for the previous 4 years and despite a claimed range of only 29 - 31miles it always achieved my 25 mile round trip to work - the 3008 is not achieving the journey just to work. I am waiting for Robins and Day to diagnose any problems - if they are able to eventually arrange to see me. I bought this car because of the claimed battery range compared to Mitsubishi Phev and now regret the decision. Will be interested to see if I am fobbed off with the same excuses others on the forum have experienced. When I plug it in to charge from zero it states it is charging at a rate of 4 miles per hour and the charge will be complete in 7 hours and then it shows 14 miles when fully charged?????
Steve20166

Post by Steve20166 »

Today I tried the trip meter to check real mileage.
In the morning full battery, indicating 26 miles I achieved 14 real miles on the trip meter.

But interestingly, on the way home, again full charge 26 indicated range, trip meter set to zero….. But this time I used the speed limiter all the way home.
I got the full mileage of 26 miles !!!
And just before I got home I looked at the energy flow diagram on main screen, the front electric motor was constantly on green generating ??!

I had never seen this before, ever.

Seeing this I turned the limiter off and the motor immediately stopped generating….odd ?
Steve20166

Post by Steve20166 »

32 miles on indicated range last 2 days and using trip meter it’s pretty accurate surprisingly.
I think the throttle sensor isn’t gradual enough in the first 1/4 and using the speed limiter helps.
Switching between modes shows the front electric motor generating randomly
Marsha 123

Post by Marsha 123 »

Yesterday I took my new 3008 hybrid in to checked on reason only showing a range of 16 miles on a full charge. A hour later the service receptionist came to me and told me they had checked car and there were no faults. Her explanation was it's winter so you get less miles ,but I said if the battery is charged to 100 percent it should show range around 39 ,if it is only charging to 16 miles then the battery should indicate 35-40 percent. Again she said it's weather conditions. I told her that I left the car in a heated garage for two days at 21c then charged it and still only 16 miles range.no response only it's been checked and that's it . during summer it should go up. No option to walk out in dismay, with parting words I'll see what trading standards have to say. Would love to hear off anyoy else are going down this route.my email is paulandmarsha1@gmail.com. would love to hear from you
Marsha 123

Post by Marsha 123 »

Have you had any feedback from trading standards ? Would be interested in what they say.
Steve20166

Post by Steve20166 »

I’m getting 36 miles indicted range and about 38 on trip meter now.