Auto Handbrake

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
tonyprue

Post by tonyprue »

Hi

2015 Allure 1.6 diesel.

Anyone help me with my Auto handbrake that is no longer Auto, no longer sets when turn off ignition and does not release when driving off, but works fine as manual!

I have all the warning lights, big red triangle , parking brake faulty and little orange triangle with exclamation mark, then ABS faulty and then ESR faulty. Auto handbrake has switched itself off. Still dives ok and no problem with manual handbrake.

Is there anything I can check (brake lever switch, but if it works manually would that be the problem, brake pads, fuse etc) before I ring the garage Tuesday?

Tried to check for fault code but my reader wont connect to ECU for some reason, has been ok on other cars, is this normal with Peugeots???

Would greatly appreciate any suggestions please, thanks.

Chris B 800

Post by Chris B 800 »

Hi,

Sounds like I have the same issue with my 2014 1.6 diesel. What was the fix for yours? Just wondering how much this will set me back?

Thanks in advance.

Chris
Tom158

Post by Tom158 »

Hi, had the same problem with my 2012 diesel. Turned out to be a front wheel bearing, garage said all faults coming from this. ECU just shuts down everything. !!! Anyway fixed the problem.
sashofasa

Post by sashofasa »

HI i have same issue . can u tell me how to fix it :)
sashofasa

Post by sashofasa »

tonyprue wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:49 pm Hi

2015 Allure 1.6 diesel.

Anyone help me with my Auto handbrake that is no longer Auto, no longer sets when turn off ignition and does not release when driving off, but works fine as manual!

I have all the warning lights, big red triangle , parking brake faulty and little orange triangle with exclamation mark, then ABS faulty and then ESR faulty. Auto handbrake has switched itself off. Still dives ok and no problem with manual handbrake.

Is there anything I can check (brake lever switch, but if it works manually would that be the problem, brake pads, fuse etc) before I ring the garage Tuesday?

Tried to check for fault code but my reader wont connect to ECU for some reason, has been ok on other cars, is this normal with Peugeots???

Would greatly appreciate any suggestions please, thanks.

HI i have same issue . can u tell me how to fix it :)