Dimming of i cook and Touchscreen

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
Foxcubs

Post by Foxcubs »

Hi. So happy with my 3008. One thing that does seem odd is that the i cook display and the Touchscreen seem to dim when the lighting outside the car is such as that at dusk. The level of dimming is such that it becomes slightly difficult to see the detail on the screens. Is this a feature others have noticed and is there any way of disabling it? Thanks Andrew.

gparry

Post by gparry »

I don't think you can disable this feature but you can set the level of brightness in the low ambient lighting mode. When I got my car the level of brightness was too high in the night mode and it was giving reflections in the side windows at night so I went into settings and set a lower level of brightness for night mode. From memory you go into the settings mode - top right of the touch screen and follow the options. It's not the easiest of things to find but if you persevere you will find how to do it. At least you now know it is possible. Glynne
Foxcubs

Post by Foxcubs »

Thanks very much Glynne. I will have a go as you suggest. Cheers Andrew
Wheelchap

Post by Wheelchap »

Hi Foxcubs,

Have just found an old post dated Sept 5th by JDH Re: dimming dashboard. You may have already sorted this but for the benefit of others trying to do this the instructions are as follows.
Start engine and turn on headlights. Press any piano key, then press the cog at the upper right of the screen. Select options at the bottom left, then screen configuration- select brightness then adjust and save with OK.
When headlights are turned off the dashboard brightness returns to normal.
Happy motoring
Wheelchap