Spare Wheel fitted , driving aid disabled

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
asgsitting

Post by asgsitting »

Has anyone seen the error "Spare wheel fitted, driving aid deactivated" issues? The cruise control stops working, as well as lane assist and active braking. :x :x :x :?: :?: :?: :!: :!: :!: :? :? :? :?

I have no idea why this is happening to this car.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/sZB7SXtnG3k1mj3G9

Wheely

Post by Wheely »

Did you ever find a solution to this? I have just purchased a 3008 with the same problem.
Deleted User 1837

Post by Deleted User 1837 »

Hi..what year is your car....has the spare wheel been fitted and is it the exact same size...if so the system will register a tyre pressure fault but the vehicle is moving...so its confused....so ...fail safe...it thinks you are driving with a flat tyre ..but you're not....
Wheely

Post by Wheely »

Hi, spare wheel is fitted. It’s a space saver one so not the exact size. The distance alert/active safety brake warning light is on and fixed also.
Wheely

Post by Wheely »

It’s a 2018 Active
Deleted User 1837

Yes..the space saver is rotating at a different speed so the abs etc will be confused...get the real tyre fitted and all will be well
Wheely

Post by Wheely »

Hi I’m sorry I misunderstood 🙈 the spare is fitted in the boot not on the car. After about 5 mins driving a warning comes up that the spare is fitted and driving aids disabled. Thus cruise won’t work. I’ll prob just bring back to garage and get them to sort it. Just thought I could avoid that. Good to know that info.
Deleted User 1837

Right ...after that clarification...have you tried a tyre pressure initiaisation yet...ie ..reset the tyre pressures after a replacement
Wheely

Post by Wheely »

I haven’t. I will try that 1st. Thanks for your help 👍
tominjoburg

Post by tominjoburg »

Hi there
I also have this problem, and the warning comes on in the most arbitrary of situations. Nothing wrong with tyre inflation, and there is obviously no spare wheel fitted.
I'm guessing it might have to do with some kind of electronics communication system between the engine and what appears on the dash? The other day I received an error that my engine had a major fault and that a repair was needed. The car stopped working, and wouldn't turn back on initially. I waited another 45 seconds or so though, and suddenly the car started working and the error disappeared after driving for a kilometre or so. It makes no sense! :shock:
The most common error, however, is the spare wheel fitted nonsense, and it's the worst on a long journey because it disables my cruise control. Hopefully it doesn't disable crucial safety features too?
Has anyone managed to resolve this issue?