DAB and Dashcam

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
acarrick

Post by acarrick »

Hi all

I have fitted my dashcam and now got interference (or no signal) on the DAB radio. I have worked out its the rear camera and tried ferrite cores but it still doesn't work. I have the cable going along the side of the headliner by the drivers side and thinking I am going to have to try rewiring it, but does anyone know where the DAB aerial is located on the 3008 so that I can avoid that area?

Thanks

Andrew

deccadick

Post by deccadick »

I think it is built into the tailgate window.
Gazman

Post by Gazman »

I had the same issue, have you run the power and rear camera cable along the same route? I had and it was a school boy error (should have read the instructions...). After running the power over the drivers side and rear camera via passengers side, it all worked a treat. My cables run along the back of the door seals, behind the plastic panels (used a prying tool and just pushed the cable behind), into the boot. Dropped the roof lining just enough to expose the cable run going to the tailgate and ran the camera cable through the rubber cable run to tailgate. As I recall, I think the DAB receiver was behind that pannel on the tailgate, like deccadick had said. I've looped my spare cable there anyway, cable tided to the body, reception is back to normal.

Hope that helps
acarrick

Post by acarrick »

Thanks both. Got the power running down the passenger side and the rear cable down the drivers side.

I didn’t run the cable through the rubber cable run on the tailgate as I couldn’t work out how to get the tailgate panel off. Have you got any tips without snapping the clips? Might be the camera interfering then or the location of the cable, hopefully the cable. Would explain why I had better reception when opening the tailgate.
Gazman

Post by Gazman »

I had that very feeling, watch this on YouTube: it's a guy fitting an after market auto boot, he makes it all look very easy...... The pannel is stronger than you think and so are the clips, it goes back fine too, you'd never know!

Skip to 5:15m
IanMat

Post by IanMat »

Well...DAB reception...I've had this continuous squelch on DAB since new in December. Dealer advised it was a loose earth lead in boot lid. Nope! So apart from having a rear dashcam on passenger side, any solutions?