Boot won't open

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
morrisgp

Post by morrisgp »

Hey all,
Has anyone else had the boot door jam?

When I press the switch to open it it clicks but I can't open the boot.

Is there a release from inside and and fix for this?

Thanks

Wheelchap

Post by Wheelchap »

Hi Morrisgp,
When I collected my car I was shown an emergency boot release. I'm a bit foggy but I seem to remember you take a small screwdriver and insert it into a slot next to the locking mechanism inside the boot. This is obviously awkward to get at so presumably you would need to put the rear seats down and climb over. Its also useful to know in an emergency.

Hope this is of some help

Regards Wheelchap
kensden

Post by kensden »

Just make sure the catch in the boot is not obstructed in any way - that's what happened in mine it was covered by a cover
Wheelchap

Post by Wheelchap »

Hello again Morrisgp

Further to my last post I got my wife to lock me in the boot, I soon realised that I needed a torch. I always keep a small screwdriver in the (useless) glove compartment. There is a small recess at the top of the locking catch, if you look down into it you will see a small white piece of plastic, push this to the left to release the lock. BEWARE it will set your alarm off.
Love my 3008 good motoring,
Wheelchap
morrisgp

Post by morrisgp »

Thanks for the tips.
Have been in the boot and got it open. The issue is as soon as the wide closed it again it just stuck again.

Think it will have to go in for the fix.

Thanks for the help
DougThrow

Post by DougThrow »

I had same problem a few weeks ago, turned out to be the flap that stops things falling into gap were boot lock is. this had snapped in half. Removed it and all was good. Until this week, started not locking first time, have to shut boot a couple of times to latch properly. So think thee is an underlying issue with the lock mechanism.