Water leakage from the top panel above the rearview mirror!

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
Pocius

Post by Pocius »

same story as the others, unfortunately it wasn't the only problem I had with my Peugeot 3008 reg 2017. But this particular thing started 8 month after car purchase in Feb 2020 (maybe it was first heavy rain since I bought it, car was purchased 2 years old used approved from Peugeot dealership), since then car was numerous times at dealership regarding this problem but nothing changed yet, it's still leaking after heavy rains (they changed pan roof drainage pipes last time in the August but it didn't rectify the problem, had another leaks in October again and it's been a month since my last visit to local Robins & Day Chingford and nor them neither Peugeot customer service contacting me or trying to resolve issue despite complaints to both of them... there were same stories from the beginning that "I'm the first one with this problem, maybe left slightly open roof" and etc. I have video evidence and dealership people saw leakage themselves when I drove it to the garage straight away after torrential rain. Will see how it goes but 100% sure won't leave it as it is and won't let Peugeot get away with this.

hazmanu@aol.com

Post by hazmanu@aol.com »

Hello guys

we had similar with a water stain appearing but not gushing water!

Peugeot charged us £72 to look into it but again couldn't find a fault but said they cleaned and lubricated the opening.

it hasn't happened since so have a look at giving the opening a good clean.
Geoff2469

Post by Geoff2469 »

Hi all.
I have the same problem, the car is a Peugeot 3008 2017 with 17500ml. Robins & Day @ Preston diagnosed kinked drain tubes. They contacted Peugeot who offered to pay 75% of the cost, but that still left me with about £415.00 to pay as the roof lining also had to be replaced. 2 Day after the car was done by them & only just got out of the drive & got a very cold shower. Whatever they had done had made the problem much worse. The vehicle is now back at Peugeot dealer awaiting a reply from customer services. Peugeot technical have told them to check the deflectors for the sunroof & said it may need a new sunroof frame at a cost of £2500+. Has anyone got any more info on this topic ?
RCGD

Post by RCGD »

Had the same problem twice with 2018 3008. Happened recently after heavy rains. No obvious reason why it is happening. It's not because the sun roof hasn't been closed properly. Interesting to see others have been having the same problem. From the posts above it seems Peugeot don't have the answer either.
Geoff2469

Post by Geoff2469 »

Update.
Well after the main dealer having the car for 2 months, yes 2 months Technical said that changing the wind deflector would solve the problem. Just 12 day after collection the car & a rather heavy downpour I found the N/S/F carpet was sodden with water. Main dealer informed & car delivered back to them within an hour to show Service Manager who confirmed it was still leaking. Car is now back at dealer.
Waltc

Post by Waltc »

@Geoff2469 did you ever get it fixed? I have a 2018 3008 that I have just dropped of at the robins & day in Preston also.
Thanks
Waltc

Post by Waltc »

Geoff2469 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:47 pm Update.
Well after the main dealer having the car for 2 months, yes 2 months Technical said that changing the wind deflector would solve the problem. Just 12 day after collection the car & a rather heavy downpour I found the N/S/F carpet was sodden with water. Main dealer informed & car delivered back to them within an hour to show Service Manager who confirmed it was still leaking. Car is now back at dealer.

@Geoff2469 did you ever get it fixed? I have a 2018 3008 that I have just dropped of at the robins & day in Preston also.
Thanks
cro55m

Post by cro55m »

Hi Geoff/Walt,

How did you both get on with a resolution? We're experiencing the same water issue and I contacted Preston Peugeot and they made out like they've not had any issues however from seeing your posts that's clearly not the case?

If you see this would you mind providing me the reg plates of your cars, so when they inevitably deny having any cars through their garage I can provide them with your reg's?

It's okay and understandable if you don't wish to provide but thought I'd ask as it may help my case.

Many Thanks
Mike
Thisismenow

Post by Thisismenow »

Hi Mike,

Did you ever manage to get it sorted, I have the same issue and I am lost.
el-rio

Post by el-rio »

Morning.
I had the same issue last week..
The car booked in for investigation today. Was told by the technician that the drains could be blocked which has caused the water to overflow subsequently into the car.
I did question the concept that the car should be water tight and excess water should just run off.
Let’s see what they come back with later today when I collect the car.
I love this car, but it might be time to go out seperate ways.