Paint and bird droppings.

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
mar5uk

Post by mar5uk »

Anybody having problems with bird droppings burning off the paint and exposing the undercoat? I have two small spots on my roof (copper couloured 2017 Allure 2ltr Diesel) which were cleaned off within 12 hours of the droppings being deposited. I am wondering if this is a manufacturing fault that Peugeot can rectify?

Wheelchap

Post by Wheelchap »

Hi mar5uk
Sorry to hear about your paintwork, I have had similar problems on my amazonite grey 3008 on the black diamond roof. unfortunately I did not notice it on the day it happened which was very sunny and hot, it got baked onto the paintwork making it very difficult to remove. It did not go right back to the primer as in your case but it left the paintwork etched and dull. Bird lime has always had a reputation for spoiling paintwork and I believe catching it early is the secret. I now try to keep my car well polished particularly the roof.
Enjoy your pug 3008
Regards
Wheelchap
Tashira

Post by Tashira »

I am sorry about the damage to your paintwork. I had the same issue with my Mondeo so when I got a new car in March, I opted for the Williams Ceramic coating on my Nimbus Grey 3008. And I am so glad I did. I also missed some droppings over the summer and it was a good 7 days before I spotted it. Thankfully it came off with no marks left behind.