Weird Electrical Problems?

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
joeyok

Post by joeyok »

Have a 3008 GT Line Premium but really feeling like it's a Friday car.... has anyone else had issues with the electric blind on the sunroof, randomly closing for no reason, sometimes when I get back in the car its closed....other times it's fine and sometimes it starts to close when I get in....

Also the digital driver display was black for about 10 seconds of driving with just the speed before everything else came on the screen.

And there is he most annoying rattle which comes from the drivers air vents but when the fan is switched off it goes away.

Anyone experienced anything like this?

I'm going to take it to the garage on Monday again, but so far I'm far from impressed with the build quality and issues.

berlinette

Post by berlinette »

Presumably you've had all this sorted by now, as only just seen your post, but yes had the same problem with the sunblind closing for no apparent reason.

This happens when you lock the car using the button/sensor on the door handle. If you inadvertently contact it for too long, it closes the blind. Thought there were gremlins in the electrics somewhere but that appears to be the reason.
georgec

Post by georgec »

We have had a few issues with our 3008 1.2 allure and the garage cant find anything wrong with it. we have had it now 16 month and during that time our screen has gone blank for 5 / 10 minutes and when it came back it was very faint.
When turning the car off the radio continues to play so you have turn the car back on and off again.
When turning the car off all four windows open, had to turn the car back on and close them.
The side mirror has not closed when you locked the car. had to turn unlock then lock again.

It has only happened a few times so I appreciate it must be hard to troubleshoot issues like these but I am very concerned on how the car is going to perform in several years time when it is out of warranty!
kensden

Post by kensden »

I'm inclined to agree with you regarding the poor build quality of the new 3008 , I've owned mine for almost 3 years now and pleased to say that I have had no problems whatsoever.but having been a member of this forum for over 2 years I can understand why potential buyers would be put off from buying a 3008, lots of problems reported by owners some small and some big , you would not expect from a new car.
Whilst I've had no problems with mine I don't think I would buy another, far too many reported problems.
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

I have had mine for nearly a year and no problems. How many people use this forum? Very few I suspect when compared with total UK ownership. Also people use the forum to report a problem not to sing its praises. I'd buy another that's for sure.
kensden

Post by kensden »

Deccadick, just to prove my point on the 3008 build quality being very poor, I suggest you read the post from "mridley" subject 1.2 MANUAL GEARBOX in relation to members having problems with their gearbox.
James McDonald

Post by James McDonald »

O side mirror sometimes folds in some time it does not
Clive

Post by Clive »

I have recently been having problems with my screen going black, 5-10 minutes later I get a blue screen saying "updating system ". This has been going on for 2 weeks on and off. the first update I did myself after download the software onto a usb stick 2 years ago. I am in my last couple of months of my warranty, is this the future now full of problems.