3008 universal towbar electrics

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
Scaniaman

Post by Scaniaman »

hi all, has anybody wired there 3008 car up for towing (caravan) I have purchased a new bosal detachable tow bar made for the 3008 I have 2L (2014) allure, have bought universal electrics ( to save attaching to any Peugeot wiring) including the relays for 13 pin electrics eg fridge etc, had a look where I can run 1 or 2 cables from the battery + but cant find anyway to run the wires through to inside, has anybody done this, over the years have done this with all my cars but apart from removing battery to see if I can get through to inside I'm lost, hope someone has done this, even removing the battery looks a big job, regards.

berlinette

Post by berlinette »

Hi,

I have had a towbar fitted to my 3008GT. I purchased the 'Tow Trust' version of the towbar they manufacture for the vehicle but I went with the proper Peugeot loom for the car. It was not any more expensive than an aftermarket version, and provides the correct connectors, rather than Scotchlok connectors which many aftermarket versions have. I have the wiring diagram and fitting instructions if you are interested. I could forward them to you but will need to discover how to upload them on to this forum, if that's possible. They show how and where to route the wiring through the car.

One factor to take into account, which I'm sure you are probably already aware of, but be careful to ascertain which side of the electrics plug you are viewing the colour coding from. It's easy to get this round the wrong way, which my garage did and some of the wires needed swapping over to correct matters. a simple but common error I think.

Regards,
wolvestone

Post by wolvestone »

Hi, would it be possible to email me the wiring diagram and instructions to the address below thank you in advance, Tony.
wolvestone555@yahoo.co.uk