Activated voice texting facility - disappeared!

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
ClaireT

Post by ClaireT »

Hi All,
I have a 3008 1.2 Pure tech GT line. Purchased March 2017. (New shape)

I used voice activated texting to and from my mobile phone whilst driving for about 8 months.
Then it ceased to work. I could still receive and make calls.
I was told by my dealer it was probably a Peugeot upgrade and would sort itself out.
Then at a later date I was told it might be my phone although I had not changed my handset, number or provider.
I went to an 02 shop and discussed the problem with a salesman who I offered £20 to come to my car in a near by car park and try and sort it.
He un synced my phone to the car and re synced it. He tried very hard but came to the conclusion it was the cars problem.

A year after purchase, my Peugeot dealer spent 5 hours trying to sort it along with tweaking a gear box problem. They took my iphone to use to try to sort it out.
They said it was working with some handsets but not mine. So blamed the phone.

Now 2 years down the road and at my second service today, I asked if they could try and get voice texting work again.
I hoped an update might have happened either with my phone or my car.

Imagine my surprise when the workshops manager came out to me in the showroom and told me my model had never had voice activated texting!

He said there was nothing in my car workings which showed I had the voice activated facility.

Has anyone got a clue what is happening here?

The staff were very pleasant but I felt a fool. I had texts on my Iphone with daft spelling mistakes made by the voice activated system which I would never have made when actually texting using my fingers! . Many of my texts were stating I was 5 minutes away from a meeting in my car. So clearly driving.
I DID have voice activated texting for several months after purchase in March 2017.
The workshop manager did not call me a liar but I felt like I was trying to prove black was white.
Somehow Peugeot has removed voice activated texting from my car and even the workshops have no idea about this.
Any ideas please.
Thank you Claire

berlinette

Post by berlinette »

Unsure whether this will help but are you able to receive texts? In my car there is the option to use voice texting to respond to received texts.

The other option is to try an upgrade to the firmware in the car. This can be done by downloading the latest version from the Peugeot website, usually in the same location for downloading map updates for the , if you have it.