Towbar + Parking Sensors

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
Thermocline

Post by Thermocline »

Hi Guys

I just picked up my 3008 GT Line two weeks ago. There was supposed to be a towbar fitted but due to stock issues that didn’t happen. I had a towbar fitted yesterday, a fixed swan-neck.

On picking up the car I found that the rear parking sensors were detecting the towbar and generating an error. This results in the parking sensors shutting down and an orange spanner on the left of the display. Apart from the parking sensors I found that the park assist no longer works as i guess it also uses the parking sensors.

The towbar supplier (perfectly reputable company) did a number of enquiries but came up blank apart from swapping the swan-neck for a removable type (another £200).

Anyone know if it’s possible to make the Parking sensors ignore objects so close as the towbar is, or perhaps some other way to reconfigure the system somehow ?

Advice appreciated.

Thanks

Thermocline

Bellacat

Post by Bellacat »

Hello what did u do in the end about the tow bar? Did u have to pay the extra £200 to get the different type or did u work out another way that u can share with me? So disappointed this has happened to us too