1.6 HDI 2011 Semi Automatic gear box problem

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
OrganicCor

Post by OrganicCor »

Hi ,

I have Peugeot 3008 1.6 HDI semi automatic gear box . Problem i have on cold it does not go into a gear , goes back to neutral , after few times ignition on and of on and off goes into 1 gear . in a car screen comes up as gearbox fault .Once a car is warm its start and drives as it should no problems. I have taken car to Peugeot main dealership and after inspection they gave me a report .

"Gear box fault showing, carried out inspection
as required traced fault to clutch actuator positi
fault requires new slave cylinder plus new clutch
fault code on vehicle CFC300P .Vehicle may require
new flywheel"

They i went to independent garage and they recon its gearbox, need reconditioning which is £1800

Can you please advise this is a problem and its just required new slave cylinder and new clutch ? or i need gearbox reconditioning

What else needs doing after new parts are fitted ?

As you imagine they quote me quite a lot of money

Looking forward to you reply

Kind Regards

Ihatepeugeot

Post by Ihatepeugeot »

I have the same problem, this car is the biggest pile of shit I have ever bought, I have spent more on repairs in the last 4 years than I have on all my cars in the last 40 years, Bought it with 17000 niles on the clock, 500 miles later after transporting in a container to Spain, complete new injection system, 2200 euros, 12 months later another injector failure 900 euros, just had the gearbox fault, drove it to Peugeot main dealer explained the problem, they took the keys, drove it into the garage, plugged in the computer.....never moved again , then presented with a repair estimate of 2200 euros, so I am having it crushed.....only 25000 miles on the clock, and its not driven hard and It is 10 years old, so you can see how much driving I do, but being in a wheelchair I need reliability.....and peugeot isn't ..........japanese from now on for me.