3008 2014 Alerts zone

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
TheNomad

Post by TheNomad »

Driving in France I noticed warning simbols for traffic queues, bad weather & others. How does the system get this live information?
I have asked Peugeot Navigation & Peugeot sales & get no answer from Service. Does any one know????
Many thanks
Please note this vehicle is 2014 vintage does not have a Tom Tom.
Thanks
Last edited by TheNomad on Mon May 15, 2017 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kensden

Post by kensden »

TheNomad wrote:Driving in France I noticed warning simbols for traffic queues, bad weather & others. How does the system get this live information?
I have asked Peugeot Navigation & Peugeot sales & get no answer from Service. Does any one know????
Many thanks
The speed camera software can be loaded remotely , you don't even have to call at the dealers,call them over the phone and the dealer can input your vehicle details VIN number and stuff you pay £139 for three years and after a short while it will be available on your navigation. Mine was up and running in about 10 minutes after buying it....
Bassetlady

Post by Bassetlady »

The traffic and weather etc should be part of the free 3 year Tom Tom Live Services that was part of the package given to 2017 3008 owners when they purchased their vehicles. What will happen after the 3 years are up I've no idea. As far as I'm aware, the £139 is to purchase just the speed camera notifications and updates.
Gill
1.2 Petrol Auto Allure in Sunset Copper
kensden

Post by kensden »

Bassetlady wrote:The traffic and weather etc should be part of the free 3 year Tom Tom Live Services that was part of the package given to 2017 3008 owners when they purchased their vehicles. What will happen after the 3 years are up I've no idea. As far as I'm aware, the £139 is to purchase just the speed camera notifications and updates.
You are correct the free TomTom Live services covers Traffic,Weather & Petrol prices all displayed on the navigation screen
Mninblack

Post by Mninblack »

Put my new 3008 in to have Tom Tom live services installed,what a fiasco.First of all the dealership said it wasn't aware of this software and not to believe what is said on the forum,eventually they did locate it saying that the reason was because it was released weeks after the launch of the car.They said it would take about an hour to complete the installation,after 1hr 20 mins they said it would take longer than expected as it was an 8g file and had to be loaded onto a memory stick.I decided to abandon the appointment as I waited long enough.Rang the dealership at 5pm that evening and was told it was still downloading onto the stick but could make an appointment to come back in and have the installation carried out,ask how long it would take,reply"wait for it"a couple of hours depending on the download speed.
Anyone experienced this.
Request Tel No of Peugeot help line.
Tony08

Post by Tony08 »

Hi Mninblack, speak to UK customer care manager on 0800 042 2422.
Tony08

Post by Tony08 »

Sorry Mninblack, his name is DEAN MOORE.