Auto Dip headlight issue

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
Dangerfield1982

Post by Dangerfield1982 »

Has anyone else had an issue with the auto headlights? When we first got the car they worked fine, now when the auto headlights are activated they constantly stay on low beam, and the auto headlight symbol isn’t displayed on the dashboard.
I’m guessing I’ll have to take it back to the dealership, we’ve only had it 2 weeks! Anyone had this issue resolved?

Old Salt

Post by Old Salt »

I have noticed on a recent nightime drive in very heavy rain the Auto Main/Dip stopped working. They have been OK since on dry night drives. I'm wondering if the heavy rain has an effect on the function?
Last edited by Old Salt on Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

Auto headlights has 2 meanings and I can't get my wife to understand it but here goes. The auto headlight function selectable by the stalk on the left turns on the headlights when the ambient light reaches a low level. That is all it does. If you want to use the auto dip/main beam function then you have to go into settings and switch it on. I can't explain in more detail as my car is at a UK airport and I'm in Spain. I hope this has simplified the matter.
Old Salt

Post by Old Salt »

deccadick wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:45 pm Auto headlights has 2 meanings
The subject title was Auto Dip Headlight issue. Unfortunately the criteria that are required for it to function are not explained.
Dangerfield1982

Post by Dangerfield1982 »

Old Salt wrote: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:30 pm I have noticed on a recent nightime drive in very heavy rain the Auto Main/Dip stopped working. They have been OK since on dry night drives. I'm wondering if the heavy rain has an effect on the function?
Hmmmm this rain thing correlates with my situation as well, maybe the sensors are picking up glare off the wet road and processing it as an oncoming vehicle.
TrevorWing

Post by TrevorWing »

Hi I’m new to this Site having acquired a new 3008 1.5 GTLine in October. It had been with main Dealer since end June as demonstrator. We are also experiencing the Auto Dip Headlight function switching itself on & off for no explicable reason. Now I see a lot of you Forum contributors report the same issue also. My question is if Peugeot are aware of this as has been suggested what do I say to my Dealer who has asked me to report back to him any issues of concern. I’d like to tell him exactly what Peugeot have identified problem as and what they will do to correct.
Tashira

Post by Tashira »

I have noticed this too. If it’s heavy rain or thick fog it seems to turn itself off but will turn on again when it detects the ambient light is sufficient to determine it from oncoming headlights. I have also noticed it is one of the features that will turn off if your battery is getting low.
Highwayman

Post by Highwayman »

I have had this issue for nearly three years but they can’t seem to fix it. Whenever the temperature drops below 3 degrees C, even if I am immediately behind a car in front, main beam stays on. It still responds to cars travelling in the opposite direction (oncoming head lights) but tail lights don’t cause main beam to dip.
3008 SUV GT + Grip Control in Ultimate Red (Love It!) :D
Ordered 9th January, Built 2nd March, Arrived in U.K. 20th March, Delivered to Dealer 28th March, Collected 30th March 8-)
TrevorWing

Post by TrevorWing »

See a few extra of you have mentioned this Auto Dip issue on the new Peugeot’s but as I said in my introductory message 28 Dec has anyone had a response from Peugeot UK themselves?
Rather than what Dealers opinions are. Seems clearly is an issue, if Peugeot officially recognise is a Warranty correction. Peugeot read these Forums as well.
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

After careful monitoring of this subject I have come to the conclusion that in some 30mph limits with street lighting it doesn't work, then it doesn't really have to.