Auto Dip headlight issue

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
GorgoniteArcher

Post by GorgoniteArcher »

The auto headlight problems most people are experiencing are caused by condensation on the windscreen in front of the sensor. The auto headlight dipping feature is designed to automatically deactivate in certain weather conditions such as very heavy rain or fog. The condensation fools the sensor into thinking it is foggy. It is, I feel, a design flaw caused by inadequate ventilation to that area of the windscreen. I was told to put air con on full blast for a couple of minutes when the auto feature deactivated itself when the weather outside was not the cause of the deactivation. It doesn’t work. The best you can do when it is playing up is to revert to manually controlling your main beam and silently apologising to oncoming drivers for dazzling them when you forget to dip, which you will do having grown used to the auto feature. Having said all that, I’ve had my 3008 GT Line Premium for a couple of years now and, apart from that problem and not being able to store my mobile contacts in the car’s onboard system, I think it is a wonderful vehicle.