Entertainmnet system freezes

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
Plummey65

Post by Plummey65 »

Hi All,
I have a 68 plate 3008 Active and every so often the entertainment system freezes. No radio, sound, mp3,sat nav. Android mirroring asking for a connectable unit. cannot turn unit off or adjust vol, it just shows volume muted. only way to reset, is to switch engine off and leave the vehicle for a while. Any thoughts please ?

EliteEstate

Post by EliteEstate »

hi , this also happens to most Vauxhall Grandland X .
grandland x and new 3008 have same informant system .
a software update solves it .
what version do you have at the moment ? .
Deleted User 1837

Post by Deleted User 1837 »

yes above...software update...check on my peugeot for current version
EliteEstate

Post by EliteEstate »

did you check your software version ?
jsmith5129

Post by jsmith5129 »

Hi,

It sounds as though the vehicle may need a firmware update, and this should be done FOC by your dealer. However, the MAPS update is a chargeable service, unless, of course, you attempt it yourself.

It maybe worth speaking to your local dealers Service Manager and explain the issues your having. I know there's been a firmware update recently released, but I've not spoken to anybody that's had it done.

I'd steer clear of trying to do this yourself because I've heard horror stories of it going wrong.

Hope this is helpful ;)
EliteEstate

Post by EliteEstate »

the latest software is 20/01/20 .

its on the Peugeot web site .

I put it on a Vauxhall grandland x with no problems at all .

Peugeot offer this free as a self download , but Vauxhall do not offer this at all .

so Vauxhall owners have to do it from the Peugeot site or go to a dealer who say there are no software updates at all .

so most Vauxhall grandland x owners are using software from 2017 , and that's why so many Vauxhall grandland owners are having these problems with no dealer understanding .

most Vauxhall dealers think the grandland x and new shape 3008 are not related at all .

when I say the various ecu modules have PSA software codes , they say on no there not , they are GM software codes .

ive checked my various modules , and there full of PSA codes .

so in my opinion , grandland x owners need to go to Peugeot dealers to have there problems solved .
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

Regarding the software update can you please provide a link? I can find the navigation update but no other. Thanks in advance.