Eps fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
Aimesb15

Post by Aimesb15 »

Hi, I have a Peugeot 3008 semi automatic 2011. I not really any issues and love the car. However since the winter has arrived on odd occasions usually if i have to slow down quick due to either traffic lights changing or someone pulling out at a junction the esp/asr light comes and on flashes engine fault, but the car carries on running. However the past week it has got worse. I can drive normal down a road and the eps light flashes and the car loses all power and struggles to go up the gears and chugs along for a few seconds then drives normal. You stop and star the car the eps light goes off but the engine light is still on. Now twice today the eps light has come on and the car has lost all power that it has cut out completely. You start up and it runs again however there does not seem to be any power whatsoever. I have had a few people look it however they at a loss. Has anyone got any clues before i payout money i cant afford to. Many thanks

Deleted User 1837

Post by Deleted User 1837 »

Hi...are all the tyres eenly worn....ie have you a 'new' one fitted
somewhere?
Aimesb15

Post by Aimesb15 »

I had 4 new tyres last year.
Deleted User 1837

Post by Deleted User 1837 »

not that then.....
gimce68

Post by gimce68 »

Hi, I have the same car PEUGEOT 3008 SPORT E-HDI FAP HATCHBACK 1560CC (BLACK) (2011) DIESEL SEMI AUTO. I was coming back from Dorset and suddenly I got a message displaying on the dashboard: the ESP & ASR system faulty and the engine management light came on. The car went into limb mode with very little power. Called the AA. The guy from AA run a scan and found the following. We have recovered your vehicle.Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Enginecontrol 1 - 8K7 / Diesel CR/EDC SID 807 ECO Status :P0271 - Injector cylinder 4. Error Message : Short circuit. Error static. Status :P0266 - Correction amount for cylinder 2. Error Message : Value outside tolerance. Error sporadic. Status :P16A3 - Starter inhibit circuit. Error Message : Level 2 monitoring fault. Error sporadic. Status :P0263 - Correction amount for cylinder 1. Error Message : Value outside tolerance. Error sporadic. Status :P0272 - Correction amount for cylinder 4. Error Message : Value outside tolerance. Error sporadic. Status :P0268 - Injector cylinder 3. Error Message : Short circuit. Error sporadic.Injector fault engine misfiring
They took me to the halford garage and changed the injector no 4. drove again about 20 ml and the same happened. AA came back run the scan and said injector 3 short circuit. went back to the garage and they confirmed is injector no 3. Left the car there and came back to London. I paid c£600 to replace one injector and now they told me injector 3 needs replacing. I was wondering what happened to your car and how did you fixed it?