Gearbox fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
Davecoys

Post by Davecoys »

Hi Guys.
My friend owns a 2011 3008 Diesel with 6 speed semi automatic gearbox.
He started with an intermittent fault showing on dash “ Gearbox fault..needs repair “.
He found that if he turned off the ignition and waited a few mins before turning back on it resets itself and things were fine for a while.
He eventually drove it to his local dealer for a diagnostic check which came up with fault code P0919 and various others connected with gearbox faults.
One of the things the technician did was to upgrade the ECUs software without the owners permission I might add.
For whatever reason the car is now un-drivable which has put the owner into a massive dispute with the garage and is now left in the hands of the Ombudsman to sort out.
The garage is saying there was a bang from the gearbox and making out that the owner had mentioned he’d heard a bang before he drove it in. The owner has denied this .
I have read that software updates can cause more damage...has anybody any experience of this being the case?
I would be most grateful for any knowledge on the 3008 gearbox faults that you guys might have experienced.
Thanks in advance.
Dave 👍

Geoff2469

Post by Geoff2469 »

I have just spoken rather harshly to both the Service Manager & his deputy @ Robins & Day Preston about various problems I am having since I bought the car. When I mentioned updates I was told to Never Install them as they have received bulletin from Peugeot that some updates are causing problems & should now only be done by Peugeot or their approved people.
Barry S

Post by Barry S »

Hi. Same problem. Is it expensive to fix.
Tom158

Post by Tom158 »

Same fault for me, after extensive checks was found to be a faulty earth from the battery. Renewed the cable problem solved.