Locking and unlocking the car

Faults and Technical chat for the Peugeot 3008
hadara_234

Post by hadara_234 »

I have been experiencing a weird thing with locking my car.
I have a remote that when I sit in the car I can just start the car with a button. The remote is recognized by the car and so forth.

When I get out of the car I press the lock button once on the remote and I see the light on the mirrors that informs me it worked.
But if I try to open the door, right after that, the car will unlock itself. That makes me wonder if the car is locked for sure or not :lol:

So I tried to lock the car then go far leave the remote there, come back and try to open the door - the car is locked.
But when I just hold the remote (NOT PRESSING ANYTHING), then try to open a door - it would unlock itself.

Did this happen to you? Is this normal?

Thanks,

deccadick

Post by deccadick »

if you have the remote on you or witin a couple of metre s, the driver and passenger door willopenif you pull the handle. Quite normal how else can it work. lock mine by pressing the knurled bit on the handle but if you do this make sure your hand isn't between the door and the handle. This way I never have to take the key out of my pocket.
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

Oh and by the way don't forget to give the knurled part of the handle a second push within 5 secs of the first to set the deadlocks.
hadara_234

Post by hadara_234 »

I'll try it now, thanks. So I wonder why do I have a "lock" button on my remote if I don't press it?
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

Because you may wish to unlock the doors within range of the remote but not witin reach of an arm length to let somebody else in for example.