3008 Hybrid 300 GT Line

New to the Peugeot 3008 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Timvea

Post by Timvea »

Hi everyone,

I took delivery of my new car on 1st September. It is a lovely car and a great ride, and doesn't half shift!

I seem to be having isssues with the battery. A full charge is supposed to be 35 miles but each charge it reduces and now i'm down to 24 on a full charge. Anyone else have this issue?

Car booked in for 7th October for them to look at it.

Cheers,

Tim

jonno

Post by jonno »

How did you get on with the battery range problem ? Has it improved ? I'm considering the hybrid 4 and they suggest up to forty mile range. I realise it's a very subjective figure as so many other factors can affect it.
John
wicky

Post by wicky »

I have had my new 3008 hybrid 4 300 for one week. I fully charged the batteries, drove in rural areas in electric mode and maintained an average speed of circa 55 mph. I achieved a distance of 23 miles before the combustion engine kicked in. I am completely new to electric vehicles and there are many things that I find difficult to understand. For instance; in the Charge details it shows various kWh numbers i.e. 16 Dec charging for 2hrs 23 mins = 5.77 kWh, 13 Dec charging for 4hrs 51 mins = 12.38 kWh. I have charged about ten times and the longer the charge, the higher the kWh. Knowing that the car batteries will cease receiving a charge when they are full, what do these kWh numbers mean? It may sound a dumb question but I would very much appreciate an answer.
wicky.
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

Simple arithmetic shows that it charges at a rate of 2,5 kW per hour which means each charge costs about £0.45 per hour (assuming £0.18 pwr kWh). If your 23 miles took 2hrs 23 mins to charge it cost £1.04. My 1.2 EAT8 would have cost £3.81 at 40mpg and petrol at £6.60 per gallon. I hope my sums are right.
wicky

Post by wicky »

Thank you deccadick for your response which I am sure your maths are right. However, I think I did not present my dilemma clearly. I am not saying it took 2hours 23 mins or 4 hours 21 mins to charge the car. Those times are when I started and stopped the charger. Somewhere within these time frames, the car must have been fully charged and presumably stopped receiving a charge.
I suppose what I really want is confirmation that I will only be charged for the amount of charge the car needs, regardless of the time it takes to achieve a full charge, or the time the charger is connected to the car. I believe this to be the case but the mention of kWh cast doubt in my mind.
wicky.
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

When the battery is fully charged the charger will no longer supply a charge , maybe a drbble now and then if it is not disconneced from the charger. Your elecrricity meter will only record what is being delivered so what is the problem?