Convince me

New to the Peugeot 3008 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Knighty

Post by Knighty »

Hi all, when current situation allows considering changing our Suzuki Vitara SZ5 auto 1.6 which we have had from new for just over four years and has been a very good and economical car but fancy a change. Like the look of the 3008 and reviews seem good but have always swerved clear of Peugeot and anything French, had big issues with a Citroen and a Peugeot my son and daughter had but this is going back a few years, Saxo and 306 days. So many faults they both had mainly electrics and said never again and the new 3008 is so tech heavy it gives me the jitters a little. Would be looking at a new or nearly new high spec car, GT Line etc with the 8 speed auto box, unsure of 1.2 or 1.6, read on here there are issues with the manual box but will be buying an auto prob in red. So is there anyone here who was in the same predicament and bought one, would be great to get some views. TIA.

Knighty

Post by Knighty »

Anyone 🤷
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

We all have our likes and dislikes but overall I am very pleased with my 18 plate Allure 1.2 EAT6 and will probably get much the same later this year with the EAT8 box. It is up to a dealership to convince you, not us!
Knighty

Post by Knighty »

Thanks for reply, won't hopefully be the dealership who will convince me but they will try their best :D like to get honest owner reviews. Can't do a lot in present climate, hopefully Spring time I can get some test drives in. Short list of 3008, Honda CR-V and new Hyundai Tucson at the moment. Would have another Vitara but no high spec auto at the moment and nothing different from my current one, there is a Suzuki Hybrid called the Across which is a disguised RAV4 which isn't a bad thing but £45k is 😐