Hoping to buy a Peugeot 3008 Hybrid

New to the Peugeot 3008 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Codhead

Post by Codhead »

Hello everyone. This is my first post on the forum and I'm looking for some advice. I've booked a test drive in a 3008 hybrid when the dealer reopens. Because of our driving pattern, even once lockdown ends, our local journeys are twice a week for shopping and four miles each time. We also do longer journeys every couple of weeks, but a hybrid seems the ideal compromise as an all-electric would preclude longer journeys to remoter parts of the UK. I've carried out a detailed search of all the options and the 3008 seems ideal, particularly as we have a greyhound who needs a large boot area. Our choice would be the Hybrid 225 in the Allure specification as that is within our budget. The reviews are generally good, although there is mention of 'spongey brakes'. We would not buy a wall box as a six-hour charge from a standard 13-amp supply seems adequate. I'm a long-time Skoda owner and have found the vehicles and dealers to be excellent, but there is no longer a model to suit. The only option would have been an Octavia hybrid estate, but the front seats are too low for comfortable access for me and my stiff back, plus it's too long for our garage. So I'm looking for advice: am I making the right choice, is customer service good and are the cars reliable? (JD Power thinks so!) It's a lovely-looking car and we do hope that the test drive is the clincher. Thank you in advance for your help and I look forward to becoming an active member of the forum.

deccadick

Post by deccadick »

Interesting article here for your very model:

https://www.whatcar.com/peugeot/3008/es ... eat8/95407
Codhead

Post by Codhead »

Thank you. The 0-60 time is higher than I've seen elsewhere, but I assume that in 'sport' mode, the kick from the electric motor will provide a rapid 0 - 40 time, which is more usefull where I live.
Codhead

Post by Codhead »

This is a set of performance figures I've found on the Internet for the 3008 225 hybrid, but the WhatCar review states 8.9 seconds. Which one is correct?
According to ProfessCars™ estimation this Peugeot is capable of accelerating from 0 to 60 mph in 7.4 sec, from 0 to 100 km/h in 7.8 sec, from 0 to 160 km/h (100 mph) in 20 sec, from 0 to 200 km/h (124 mph) in 40 sec and the quarter mile drag time is 15.7 sec.