Hi there

New to the Peugeot 3008 Forums? Introduce yourself here
d-sands63

Post by d-sands63 »

Thinking of getting either a hybrid/petrol 3008, diesel 3008 or an electric e-2008 but would like some recommendations please.
At moment have a Seat Ateca Experience Lux 1.5 Petrol Automatic.

Phil1669

Post by Phil1669 »

I have a 3008 hybrid4 plug in which I have owned for about 14 months from new. I would recommend avoiding it like the plague. I have had no end of problems with the electric mode malfunctioning. Around 50% of the time I get the warning ‘Electric mode not available- ambient conditions’. It has been back to Peugeot four or five times and they have failed to fix it. It is a problem that other users on this forum have reported. The impression I get is they just don’t know what causes it or how to fix it.

Perhaps it’s safer to go for the all electric version.
OldRomney

Post by OldRomney »

The 3008 Hybrid4 is an amazing car to drive but Phil 1669 is correct regarding the problems with Electrics and the lack of knowledge of the service departments. Re: the Ambient Temperature problem: My 3008 was doing exactly the same until the two 12volt batteries were fully charged in the workshop. Everything went OK and I also followed forum members advice on occasionally trickle charging the main 12volt battery. Unforunately, after a long trip to Scotland I encountered more problems whereby the car doesn't always start in Electric mode but fires up the engine. The wizards at Peugeot have changed the 12volt battery. The car still started in petrol mode even after they finished. I was fobbed off with the story that the computer takes 6 hours to realise that a new battery has been installed. The car is still the same a week later!!!!
My advice is to somehow check that your local dealer is up to scratch with how these cars work. I beleive there are some out there. In my case, the head of sales seems to know more than his service manager about this model - his stock phrase is "The car is doing what it's supposed to." Peugeot don't want to know - they will promise to investigate your complaint then advise you to take it to the dealer. Actually, the dealers are not Peugeot agents and there lays another problem.