Lane deviaton

New to the Peugeot 3008 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Humpyhump

Post by Humpyhump »

Hi my name is John, had my new 3008 gt line premium about 2 weeks now, up to now quite pleased (time will tell) with it. The Peugeot site states if you deviate from your lane the car will correct itself and audio alarm will sound and a visual display will appear on the dash, I only have the visual, no audio, is this correct. Thanks in advance.

deccadick

Post by deccadick »

Page 254 of the online manual talks of the Lane Departure Warning System which is slightly different to Page 255 which explains the Assisted Lane Departure Warning System. The former gives a visual and audible signal whilst the latter only mentions the system correcting the steering wheel. I turned mine off ages ago as I found it quite uncanny when driving on a narrow minor road with a white line.
Humpyhump

Post by Humpyhump »

Thanks for that deccdick, I agree it can be a bit un-nerving, I read the manual and your right it does say an audible warning, I imagine its there to warn you in case you fall asleep at the wheel whilst driving, but it defeats its use if its only a visual warning and your eyes are closed.