New Owner

New to the Peugeot 3008 Forums? Introduce yourself here
DaveR

Post by DaveR »

Hi all.
Just collected a 3008 GT Line 180 EAT8 in pearlescent white on 27 April. I had been running from new a 2016 DS5 THP210 also in pearlescent white and found the 1.6 THP engine in the DS5 smooth, quiet, powerful with good fuel economy and decent low end torque so it was a no brainer to go for the same engine in the 3008. I appreciate I'm down from 210 to 180 ps, but the published figures suggest that the 3008 has a faster 0-62 mph time than the DS. Presumably because the 3008 is lighter and the 8 speed autobox can shift faster than I could manually in the DS. Not that speed matters, just wanted something than can more than hold its own in cut & thrust traffic.
So far total mileage is only 184, (Heathrow & back today) but according to the My Peugeot App, (used MyDS with the last car) the average fuel consumption is 50.1 mpg - impressive.
Like others on this forum, I had no manual on the Peugeot Connect Nav, but I do have a head start as the DS system was very similar, however I am downloading anything I can find on it. Incidentally, even the Basic Guide that came with the 3008 (and the latest on line version) is out of date as it only includes the now superseded 1.6 THP 165 and not the 180.
Looking forward to enjoying the 3008 and anything I can pick up from the forum.
DaveR