Windows Opened

New to the Peugeot 3008 Forums? Introduce yourself here
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

We were away last weekend and a 'funny' occurred. Very late morning I went to the car which was parked in the sun and opened the tailgate put some stuff in and then closed it. As I walked round to get in the car I noticed that all the windows were fully open. Is this an automatic feature that when the car is unlocked and hot inside that the windows open? I can't find anything about it the handbook. At home the car is parked on a north facing drive so never sees the sun to get hot inside so it has never happened before. Any ideas?

John2

Post by John2 »

I had something similar. When I came back to the car yesterday and pressed the button to unlock it, all four widows opened about 2 inches. It was not a hot day. This has happened three times since I have had the car.
Tashira

Post by Tashira »

You may have done this yourself by having held down the open button on the remote. There is a feature that opens/closes the windows as you lock/unlock the car. Holding down the button while locking will make any open windows go up and vice versa
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

Maybe inadvertently as I didn't take the key out of my pocket having keyless entry. I pressed the button on the tailgate to open it and as i have set it up that unlocks the doors as well so any long push on the remote was accidental and unwittingly done but I doubt it. Thanks anyway for your interaction.
DarloCol

Post by DarloCol »

Almost certainly caused by an unintentional long press on the unlock button. I've had this happen when bending over to do up my shoe laces with the keys on my trousers pocket.
Oddly, on one occasion the car auto locked again before I'd opened a door, but the windows remained open!
Chaddychads1

Post by Chaddychads1 »

I have gone out twice now in heavy rain to find the front passenger window right down and the seat soaking wet. The window was up when I parked. My guy came to service the car today, I asked him to check for fault codes which he did and found lots all relating to voltage, when he checked the battery it only just passed. The car always starts so I might wait until the battery fails altogether. He reckons because the battery is failing there is a voltage drop and manifests itself in lowering the window. Doesn't make any sence to me. I get it, a voltage drop from a failing battery but not putting the window down.
Legin

Post by Legin »

Brand new 3008 Allure Premium Hybrid....and we have just experienced the passenger window opening its self whilst car parked and locked in high winds and rain. Did you get to the bottom of this problem ?