Nervous new owner

New to the Peugeot 3008 Forums? Introduce yourself here
ejodi

Post by ejodi »

Hello all, I collect my used 2017 2 litre hdi GT line next week.
I've always said Id never buy a French car..well here I am...I hope i haven't made a big mistake, but I was so taken aback by the new look 3008 that I finally gave in.
I realise that it's still early days ....as thus model is less than 3 yrs old and there's not going to be a he'll of a lot wrong with it thus far.
Please ,if anyone can offer any feedback, I'd very much appreciate it.
many the
Errol

deccadick

Post by deccadick »

What do you want to know? It's possible to write a book on the good and not so good points on the car.
ejodi

Post by ejodi »

Hello , thanks for replying.
I guess my main concern is the touch screen for every available function. Is there a back up if the touchscreen fails? Is it something that is of concern? You mention the not so good.Could you expand on that and anything else I should be aware of...
many thanks .
errol
kensden

Post by kensden »

Iv'e owned my 3008 GT line since new, almost 3 years old now, and never had any problems whatsoever with it, after reading all the negative and problematic posts on this forum over the years ,I must have been one of the lucky owners - The question is "would I buy another" after giving it some serious consideration the answer is " I don't think so", too many unhappy owners :(
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

Just coming up to a year old and first service this week with 5500 completed, 1360 of them very recently with a trip through Holland and Germany to Denmark with zero problems . Unlike kensden I will probably replace with another in 2 years time but with the EAT8 gearbox and possibly the 1.6 petrol engine. The 1.2 is economical up to 60 mph but beyond that it gets quite thirsty. My 1360 miles were completed at 41.4 mpg (calculated) or 43.4 according to onboard computer. Many of these miles were at 130 kph (81mph) and a good few at 140 kph (88mph). My only niggles are that as it is a French car Peugeot have not bothered to cater properly for RHD models. The bonnet opening lever is on the passenger side, the glovebox houses a fusebox and is quite small and the button for closing the electric tailgate is on the wrong (passenger) side. Apart from that a very good car and I saw lots of them in Holland, Germany and Denmark.