New to 3008

New to the Peugeot 3008 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Johnnie boy

Post by Johnnie boy »

Hi there I bought a one year old 3008 recently and am delighted with it, good mileage on the 1.6 diesel, very good automatic box, excellent performance and roadholding on a new set of Michelin tyres.
I have fifty five carefull years experience ofaccident free driving, everything from a moped to a truck and even a huge RV in the USA for six months after I retired.
The only issue I have with the Peugeot 3008 (2018 model) is that the rear wheels don’t follow the front ones ! I notice that if I take a tight left hand turn coming out of a side road, that only the left hand rear wheel has a habit of mounting the kerb, in spite of giving the turn my usual level of care. I have never experienced this problem in any previous vehicle and wonder if any other owners have had the same experience ? I don’t believe the car has ever suffered crash damage and the last set of tyres that came on the car, wore evenly , which suggests that the cars steering geometry is ok.
I am beginning to suffer self doubt about the effects of my advancing years ( but don’t tell my wife ) although in every other respect I feel as sharp as I ever was.
Thanks John