2019 model 3008 GTLine 1.5d auto.

New to the Peugeot 3008 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Ronaldo

Post by Ronaldo »

Hi Folks

2 weeks ago we collected our new car - see above model - and were very impressed with the ride, handling, smoothness of ride and fuel efficiency too. We traded-in a 308 SW Auto, 2Ltr diesel in the same colour (Pearlescent white), which we were very pleased with and reluctantly parted with it after 45,000 miles. The ONE reason for doing this was that, as we're getting on a bit and retired, we were finding it a bit of a struggle getting into and out of the 308 as it was lower to the ground; not as much as many other cars though! We had previously had a QashQai and appreciated the ease of entry and exit and so we thought we'd invest in another SUV car. The 2008 looked and felt small to us and the 5008 was too large as there is usually only the 2 of us in the car, and so the 3008 felt much better for us. We did a deal on a car that had been owned by the dealer for it's first 9 months with 12,500 miles on the clock and thus saved some money.

It had to go back to the dealers within the 1st week however as the alarm had gone-off twice for no reason. They had the car for 2.5 hours and I was told they had lowered the sensitivity of the alarm and to check, if it went off again, if the indicators flashed if/when the alarm goes off again. Apparently Peugeot have an issue with this on the 3008's. Well it went off again yesterday and so we'll need to go back. Having said that, we're very pleased with the car and its performance and comfort. It is easy to drive and I prefer the small wheel (same as in the 308 previously) and it's a car that I find I am' taking the long way round' on journeys, so that I can drive it for longer. I look forward to reading other owner's reports and suggestions too.

Greetings and Best Wishes to you all for 2020.

GaryF34

Post by GaryF34 »

Hi, my alarm went off yesterday during a storm, not sure if the hail also contributed. Has the issue with yours now been resolved ?
Old Salt

Post by Old Salt »

You can turn off the internal and motion sensors. The button is on the right of the steering wheel at about knee level. I use it on the ferry to the Isle of Wight, works perfectly.
I think you get 10 seconds after pressing the button to get out of the car and lock it?
Install the Scan My Peugeot app, it tells you the procedure you need to use.