2018 3008 GT 2.0 EAT8

New to the Peugeot 3008 Forums? Introduce yourself here
Wdfboltonc

Post by Wdfboltonc »

Hi All. I’m new to this forum and would like to say Hi. I have owned my car for a year now and really like the drive. I bought it as a demonstrator model in Sunset Copper (my family like to call it bronze) and done 13000 happy miles. It’s due for a service now must unfortunately due to the lockdown, that will have to wait.

I wanted to share my experience with fitting a dash cam. I purchased a Nextbase dash cam and fitting from Halfords but when they looked at the fuse box , they couldn’t wire it in (due to there not being a fuse that turns off with the ignition) After a refund, I decided to give it a go myself. I purchased the BlackVue Dr750 2 channel and neatly installed all the wires using the car power adapter that comes with the unit (12v turns off with the ignition). One thing I did discover is to route the cables around the passenger side as initially routing along the drivers side causes interference with the DAB radio.

I’m now hunting for a replacement string for the parcel shelf as one of mine got snapped when the shelf wasn’t secured properly and the power tailgate snapped it.

Also thinking of adding a running board as I find the roof mounted cycle carrier really high. Not sure if anyone has added a running board and can provide advice.

Thanks
Craig