The first 1000 miles - 3008 GT Line Premium 1.2 EAT8

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
JeffG

Post by JeffG »

Peugeot 3008 GT Line Premium 1.2 EAT8 (Automatic)

I've now had my car over a month and I've done more than 1000 miles in both long and short journeys. Here are my thoughts.

Overall, I like it. It looks good in my opinion. It's quiet on the road even at motorway speeds despite having roof-rails. Acceleration is more than adequate for me.

But it's also seriously annoying!

What I don't like...

1. The impenetrable touch-screen menus. Try as I might I can't see any logic in the menu system. It might become clearer with time, but somehow I doubt it.

2. The fixed three flashes of the indicators; there doesn't seem to be any way to turn this off. It's a minimum of three flashes whether you want it or not.

3. The user "manual". This is actually an App that you have to download on your phone, which I don't object to in principle. However, since you have to enter the VIN number of your vehicle to get it you might think that the information provided would be tailored and specific to your car. Sadly, this is not the case so you still waste time reading about stuff that's not even on your car. Beyond that it's not great. It seems to tell you what can be done without going into detail about how to do it. For example, it can tell you to press this switch, and show you a picture of said switch, without explaining where the switch is, or whether it's a physical switch or an electronic one.

4. The seats. Yep, the front seats must rate as the most uncomfortable seats I have ever sat on in over 40 years of motoring. Having a seat back that scratches you back is no compensation for sitting on something that has all the design attributes of a bicycle saddle. It's just weird. There just seems to be a bit that sticks up in the middle. Very odd.

5. The SatNav. I wouldn't buy another car if it didn't have post-code lookup in the Sat-Nav. I naively assumed all cars had this in 2020. This car doesn't.

6. The wave-your-foot tailgate lift. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't, sometimes does after a bit of a pause, but I feel a bit of a twit apparently doing the Hokey Cokey every time I want to put a bag in the back.

deccadick

Post by deccadick »

1.You will get used to the menus, but agreed it does take time.
2. Three flashes for a lane change strikes me as sensible. One ot two wouldn't be enough.
3.Never used that App, I read the book.
4. I find the seats very comfortable. Home to Denmark was no problem comfort wise.
5. SatNav. Just enter the postcode without the space in the top box which from memory is called city. It works a treat.
6. I agree with you on the tailgate.
Robert75

Post by Robert75 »

I’m pretty sure I can type a post code in and it works.
Yeah the user manual is a PDF file which you can download. A bit annoying unless you have an iPad to read it.
The touch screen seems ok to me but a bit slow to load up modules.
I gave up with the tail gate foot-waving thing for a while but there is a knack to it and I’m slightly better at it.
I find the suspension quite harsh with the 19 inch wheels.
I don’t get the point of the phone charging plate at all because to use Apple car play you have to plug the phone in anyway.