2011 3008 2.0hdi U0028 Fault code

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
3008_Owner

Post by 3008_Owner »

HI All,

First-time poster but long time stalker on the forum. I have a 3008 with an issue I have not seen on the forum. My instrument cluster switched off while I was driving (there were a few beep tones that got my attention). No lights work but radio and central locking do. If I switch the car off while the instrument cluster is off the vehicle won't start. The rear hatch also remains locked I must add and when opening the driver's door no lights etc come one. The first time this happened I was on the way to the shops and discovered when I got back to the car that it would not start if the instrument cluster is dead. After a while of googling problems, everything seemed to come back to life and I was able to start the vehicle and get going. At this time I noticed the engine fault message on the instrument cluster, I managed to get a cheap diagnostic tool and read one error code being a U0028 "Communication Bus A" but no other explanation. I cleared the fault as I needed to use the vehicle and that lasted 2 months before it happened again. I'm not sure if the two are related but the USB section in the radio has been giving errors when trying to play tracks from the USB and before the Instruments cluster died the very last time I was again trying to play a track off the USB which gave errors and then the instruments died. Luckily I was close to home and got onto the driveway. I have tried a BSI reset twice in two days which has brought on a little life into the vehicle and that being HUD has now managed to close and the wipers have reset to the off position (if that makes sense) When the instrument cluster dies, the speed and revs and whatever else you were using stays in the frozen position. I haven't actually check if the rev and speedo have returned to 0.

Any info will be great if someone has seen or heard of a solution.

belfast4

Post by belfast4 »

A lot of faults like this are usually caused by a faulty battery.