Motor braking between gears - year 2010 automatic gearbox

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
tmf.ferreira

Post by tmf.ferreira »

Hi guys, i need your help please,

Hi bought a peugeot 3008 (2010) with automatic gearbox ,
i never had before a car with automatic gearbox, so im a bit lost here...

Well, one thing that bothers me, is that in between gears, when the automatic gear change occurs, you can feel the motor slow down (just like if you have brake the car) so, i feel like a hiccup when the change occurs, this is more evident between first to second gear, and second to third gear, is this normal?

Do i have any problem with my gearbox, maybe it needs calibration or software update, anyone here experienced something like this?

Also, last friday, i was going out of my work garage, that is farely inclined, and for some reason at the middle of the path, the car decided to put the second, so it was a bit of a struglle the rest of the path, it only happened once....

And finally today, i stopped in a roundabout, and when started to drive, the gear didnt change from the first to the second, so i panic a bit, and decided to stop the ignition and shut it down, and then started the ignition again, and all was normal.
One thing, this roundabout its inclined and i was going down, so no struggle for the motor... maybe it feels no need to put the second gear, but something didnt work right, since it never put other gear again, until i stopped the ignition...

So , like i said, its the first time i have a car with automatic gearbox, and all this feel strange to me.... i dont know if this is normal or not, but i feel that something here its not allright...
i normally ride with a person that has a BMW with automatic gearbox, and i dont feel or notice any of this things, i also asked her, and she tells me that this never happen to her, but her car, is way newer than mine, and maybe a different technology... well i dont know...

so if any can help-me understand i will be very gratefull.

Thanks.

Ps: sorry for my _English, i hope you guys can understand.

deccadick

Post by deccadick »

Alas your gearbox is not truly an automatic but an automated manual one. This forum has numerous discussions of this beast and most ot it makes for bad reading.
tmf.ferreira

Post by tmf.ferreira »

Hi deccadick, thank you for your reply :)

I have used the search engine, but i didnt find any obvious answer for the things im experiencing... when you say bad reading, you are talking about sensors bad reading? gearbox or transmission sensors maybe?

About the gearbox, yes i have the option to put in manual, and use the weel controls to shift gears also. Do you believe that if i use the ,manual option this things wont happen?

Well thanks, for your reply.
Last edited by tmf.ferreira on Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

I meant by bad reading that lots and lots of people have reported all sorts of problems with this gearbox. I suspect using it as a manual gearbox will work OK.
tmf.ferreira

Post by tmf.ferreira »

Thank you,