Auto gear change

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
BXPickle

Post by BXPickle »

I have a 1.5 D Blue 2019 version with an 8 gear auto box (company car as an auto would not be my choice normally). The annoying thing I am finding is that is holds onto gears longer than I would like, the most annoying of which is at between 50 and 60mph. Ultimately I live in a rural area so spend a fair amount of time on countryside roads that have a 60 limit, however, for obvious reasons spend quite a lot of time in the 50 - 60mph bracket. What the 3008 does is sit at in 7th from 50 to 60mph and will not stay in 8th until it get to 60. If I manual change up the revs drop and the car is more efficient but after a few seconds it changes down again, I am not accelerating or carrying any load so I see no reason for not to select the highest gear that not going to labour the engine.
I have tried putting into manual which is fine but annoying as I would have thought the car should be set to run as efficiently as possible (FYI I have not activated the sports mode as that really does hang the gears for a long time).

Is there a setting or Mod that easy to make that changes the way the auto box behaves to make it more efficient?

Cheers

M