2022 3008 HYBRID BATTERY LOW RANGE

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
3008HybridOwner

Post by 3008HybridOwner »

Hi guys,

Just wondering how many people on here who are having range problems with their 3008 hybrid 2021+

The advertised electric range on this vehicle was 39 miles. You won't get exactly 39 due to the way the figure is calculated, but you should get something close. I'm getting 18 miles on a full charge.

The reason I went for the car was because it would be ideal for the city driving I do, and If I could get 35 to 39 miles on this, that would have been great.

I've got a brand new 225 GT Hybrid, leased it this year (2022) 4 months ago.

Since day 1 my full electric range has been 21 max - and has dropped since (past 2 months) to 18 miles. Even on the days we've had here at 37 to 40 degrees celcius, on a full charge the max range was 18 miles. Tried it with aircon, without aircon and windows open, in hybrid mode, with the regen breaking and without, mainly flat roads, very muted driving but no difference.

I've taken it to the Robins and day dealership and their 'hybrid' expert if you can call him that, said it is what it is with this car and they can't do anything to help. They said its not a fault with the car, its not showing up as a fault so there's nothing to fix.

I enquired about some updates people have been having to repair this issue, I think a series of 11 / 12 updates to the hybrid system but peugeot have said these updates have already been applied to mine from factory as its a 2022 model.

I have also contacted my leasing provider who has said 9 weeks later they haven't come to a conclusion so have said report it to the financial Ombudsman, so I have.

Wondering if anyone has had any success with getting money back / giving car back due to miss sale etc

Just to add, before this is had the Audi RS3 2020 sportback straight before this, and the MPG I'm getting is the same for both cars, how's that possible?

Martin C

Post by Martin C »

The low mileage (battery) on the 3008 hybrid is a pain. I’m on my second Hybrid 4, as Peugeot agreed to change my first one because of this issue was only charging to around 16 miles, 33 miles when I first got it, been in and out of garage a few times and one point was charging to 37 miles, but soon dropped down again. while I was waiting for the new one to be built I had another issue with it, electrical traction system fault, with this you can’t start the car or even select neutral so you can push it out of arms way if needed. The car was recovered into my local dealers in July of last year and I never got it back.
My new one arrived in December and it charged to 24 miles, within 2 months it had dropped to only 8 miles, way worse than my first one, went back to dealer and the idea was for the the boss to drive it for a few days to and from work as he had a 40 mile journey each way and my wife was only doing about 10 miles a day. Anyway, the car leans by ur journeys it seems, if you only do so many miles in electric it thinks it all it needs, hence the low mileage charging. After getting it back, it was charging up to 33 miles, been like that for a while,I only charge when nearly on 0 miles or empty, but it’s dropped again now to 26-28 miles, but this I think was my fault as I went on a journey and used the saved button (charging while driving) a couple of times and I think it’s got back into its memory, so hopefully it will build back up again.
End of the day, the car leans by how you use it so hence the low battery mileage, it’s not what they tell you or advertise.
Ideally you need a few journeys say to work, where u drive purely in electric, let it go into hybrid if more miles than electric range, charge it up, then drive home again in electric. After a few of these, you should see the electric range go up.
deccadick

Post by deccadick »

I am very old school with a good engineering background. I could never see the point of a plug in hybrid. A self charging hybrid has significant advantages over a PHEV or a straight forward petrol or diesel. However car manufacturers maintain that they don't supply a spare wheel as standard as it increases fuel use due to its weght. I am sure my spare wheel is considerably lighter than the battery in any sort of hybrid. Luckily my petrol 3008 will see me out and I will never hope or wish to go the EV route which I fear is doomed. I believe that the real future is with hydrogen fuel cell powered. Indeed when I bought my present car I really tried to buy (or lease) such a vehicle but the nearest fuel station with hydrogen was 60 miles away,so a 120 mile round trip just to refuel was a non starter. The number of suitable sources has since trebled but a round trip of 120 miles is still necessary. The best of luck to all of you.
jonesbutler4

Post by jonesbutler4 »

Got mine in March 24th Hot Sunny days getting 32 Miles plus with Regen. Now same as u 16 Miles 21 with regen. Obviously its Poor batteries. Cheaply made. I have a Mobility Scooter Business and I deal with Batteries all the time Day in Day out same Deep cell. Ah etc. if I buy cheap ones same Ah they would last on scooter daily use approx. 5 - 6 months... But I Buy the more expensive well made. They last 2 - 3 Years... so there is Ur answer Pug are Buying Cheap Poorly manufactured Batts.... Shame Really a Big Shame the Things Wrong with My £50,000 car is Crap Batts and Slow Charger......... Jesus for £50,000 They could do so much better, well in 3 Years Bye Bye Pug Again a Real shame cus this Car is Stunning other than the Cheap Rubbish Batteries. And Snail Pace Charger.
wreidhead

Post by wreidhead »

I have the Hybrid 4 and absolutely love it. After 18 months I still get an average of 50 km on a charge. It is as high as 56 in the summer and low as 40 in the winter. I have googled around and it is well-known that batteries hold less charge in the cold (and also very hot) weather and of course you will get less range if you are using the heater or the air con. Keep in mind that in electric mode the heater is running completely off the battery as there is very little heat coming from the engine block.

But some of the numbers you folks are reporting don't seem normal...
Sipukka

Post by Sipukka »

Hello all, I have the 2020 3008 phev and what i have learned is the charge indicator/gauge tells you the amount of battery left. Full, it represents 11.2KW.

In my opinion the mileage/km figure is irrelevant. I drive in hybrid mode all the time and i usually get around 46 miles of what i call assisted mileage, a mix of 30 and 40mph and 60mph driving. The car will drive on electricity most of this and will switch to petrol when going uphill or rapidly accelerating, then switch back to electricity. Couple this with a bit of coasting, re-generative driving etc and it works. Figures of around 105 mpg on average. Would be nice however if the mileage/km figure next to the charge indicator was accurate, but it isnt.

Maybe there is a way you can calibrate it, im not sure. But i am sure of those figures, and my full charge states 13 miles and has done since October.

On another forum, I also learned that if you start each journey in sport mode for 2 to 3 minutes, it helps the vehicle stats stabilise more quickly, resulting in higher mileage being shown at the end of each charge. One gent has reported getting up to 57 miles displayed. Hope my somewhat long winded post helps!
geoffhannelais

Post by geoffhannelais »

Hi, Bought my Hybrid 300 GT last May and used it by charging from a home point, we were showing 37 for around 4 months. Didn’t really check via the trip but think we were getting low 30’s. September-October showing 27 getting maybe 21-22, December showing 17 after 3-4 hours charge. Went into local dealers yesterday for checking, they say nothing wrong with system. Blaming cold weather etc, unable to explain why loss happened before the cold weather hit. It would seem as an EV it’s not viable unfortunately. I’m going to keep monitoring going forward as a Hybrid, but at the present time I can’t see the point in charging using electric, which seems to defeat the object of it having a charging system.
Mozza

Post by Mozza »

Hi all purchased a hybrid 4july was getting 39miles to the charge for 7weeks then it started to drop took it back to the dealership in cornwall.who smiled at me blew me a few kisses and said the cars perfect .it's the you drive it .I said unfortunately we are pensioners not boy racers.two weeks later the range had dropped to 17 miles.took it back 2weeks later complaining.the kept it for 3 days.only to say theirs nothing wrong with the car it's all to do with the snow on the Himalayas. And the way you drive it .I was really pissed off now . I rejected the car only for Peugeot to send man email 2hours later stating because the dealership couldn't find anything wrong with the car they would not have it back.my thoughts were as soon as they have your money stuff the customer. A week later I decided to park up out side the dealership every customer on the forecourt I told them not to buy Peugeot go elsewhere.i did this for a week then told the business manager we are going to court .they had the car back in for the 3rd time same result cars perfect more smirkes and kisses.taking the piss.itold them we start court proceedings Monday.They told me I couldn't afford to take them to court .cheeky bastard Dave cook's. I told him I've been instructed not to speak with you any more .dropping it out my solicitor has been in contact with the daily mail and auto express both indicated this is yet another diesel scam .2days later they contacted me asking what I thought would be a fair price for the dealership to buy it back .I said £2000 less than I paid .the car now had 5000miles on it . 2 days later I had a call from the dealer requesting the car with the log book and 2 sets of keys .such a relief to get rid of it .it was causing a lot of arguments at home.i got obsessed with the car.and it's lack of range .such a shame it was a nice car and drove lovely.never buy a Peugeot again mozza 07792146899 ring me I will tell all my story .best of luck
Sipukka

Post by Sipukka »

Hi all, just to update my previous post, after a few months I am now getting 29 miles on the display (as shown). I reset my mileage and in Electric only mode I got 38 miles on a full charge, which is great!
What I found is by driving in Electric mode it gradually increases the mileage displayed, but does not increase the petrol mileage indicator, as it does in hybrid mode. I do start each journey in sports mode as advised by another owner (Ross) and this, coupled with sensible driving has gradually increased the range display. Hope this helps. Simon.
OldRomney

Post by OldRomney »

Like most people I have been disappointed with the electric mileage on my 1920 3008 Hybrid. The local dealer carried out some kind of software update last summer and I was able to maintain 33m until the winter months. I was expecting better things with the onset of summer but alas - best I got was 18 despite regular forty mile journeys. Now comes the interesting part - went on a 350 mile trip north in dismal cold weather - charged up on a public charger in Co Durham - GOT 62 YES - 62 MILES ON THE INDICATOR. Four miles down the road it dropped to 50 and twelve miles later it was down to 10. Every time I charge up now I get 50 to 60 on the indicator but in reality it seems to be around 20-25. Has anyone experienced a similar situation?