TomTom Connected Services Problem

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
peterb

Post by peterb »

Hi folks

Just taken delivery of a brand new petrol 3008 GT Premium, 72 reg.

I'm having problems with intermittent Connected Services, meaning that TomTom live traffic is only sometimes available.

For every 1 out of 3 journeys I make, I'll start the car and within a minute the Connected Services has successfully connected, and 'TomTom Traffic' is displayed in the lower right-hand corner of the sat nav, and on the relevant car menu 'Availability of connected services' is shown as 'Available'.

Great - all is good.

However, for the remaining 2 out of 3 journeys, I'll start the car and TomTom Traffic is not displayed for the entire journey (and 'Availability of connected services is shown as 'Not available').

It's almost as if there's sometimes a problem with the car initialising its built-in mobile internet connection at car start-up, or perhaps if it doesn't find a mobile internet connection at start-up it doesn't bother checking again for the rest of the journey?

Just to confirm, the car is using its built-in mobile internet connection - I'm not tethering to my phone.

Have tried factory resetting the infotainment system to no avail, and have also triple-checked that all the necessary menu settings etc. are correctly set. The fact that it ~sometimes~ works would suggest it's not a menu setting thing.

MyPeugeot app confirms I have an active Connected Navigation Pack, and the relevant car menu always shows 'Status of connected services' as 'Activated'.

The only thing that usually fixes the problem is if I hold down the phone symbol piano key for 10 seconds, then release it, which prompts the infotainment system to reboot. After the reboot, the TomTom Traffic logo usually comes up after a few seconds. I don't really want to have to do this before every car journey as rebooting takes some time, plus I obviously shouldn't need to have to do this.

Dealer not aware of this specific issue, but looking through this forum (and other Googling) would suggest that this isn't an isolated case.

Anyone got any ideas or tips... and apologies if I'm resurrecting an old topic!

This new car replaces my three year old 3008 which connected to Connected Services flawlessly every day, so I don't think it's to do with mobile phone network coverage where I live (unless Peugeot have changed the network operator they use).

Many thanks

Peter
London, UK
Last edited by peterb on Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vincenzopaciottino

Post by vincenzopaciottino »

Peugeot is fully aware of the issue! I ve been battling since August to be fair and still waiting on a resolution. Peugeot asked me to take the car to the dealer but the dealer said they have many of their demos and other customers with the same issue.

None seems to know th resolution but the dealer thinks the issue is the 3G sim card that should be swapped to a 4G.

I'm waiting on a call from Peugeot and the dealer....hopefully won't be too much longer
peterb

Post by peterb »

Many thanks #vincenzopaciottino.

Good to know I'm not the only one!

Be most grateful if you could post an update if you find out anything more. I'll do the same.

Many thanks.
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Hi I’ve got the same issue I have had several 3008 before and just picked up a 2008 and similar to you have around 1 in 3 trips working.
I didn’t know that holding the phone piano down 10 secs initiated a reset so I have just tried on my car it did indeed reset and also Tom Tom came up bottom right.
I will be seeing a Peugeot dealer tomorrow (I used to work in a Peugeot dealership) and see if he can help.
It does seem to be something within the initial start up I also noticed that when Tom Tom doesn’t activate the screen where it shows Connected Services Activated shows beneath this that the Availabilityof connected services is Unavailable.
Hopefully Peugeot are looking in to already
LauraW

Post by LauraW »

Experiencing very similar problems with my 22 reg 3008. I've been to the dealership and am in contact with Peugeot Customer Services ... but am no further forward. The dealership are supportive and say they have other 3008's with this problem which they have yet to resolve, but Customer Services have been little help - suggesting that everything is working as it should! Needless to say I am still in communication with Customer Services ... and use Google Maps on my phone if I'm going somewhere that I'll need reliable sat nav.
I've also noticed that I've started getting intermittent messages popping up on the screen saying that the bluetooth connection with my phone has been lost - which then appears to spontaneously resolve, and that the DAB radio reception has become patchy. Has anyone else experienced these problems too?
vincenzopaciottino

Hi all,

Had an update from Peugeot customer services last week and apparently my local dealership is replacing the telematics on a car with the same issue...if it works they will get my car in as well.....fingers crossed they can find a solution as this is shocking!!!

Im noticing the Bluetooth issue more and more often as well, no issues with radio so far...
vincenzopaciottino

JohnW wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:39 pm Hi I’ve got the same issue I have had several 3008 before and just picked up a 2008 and similar to you have around 1 in 3 trips working.
I didn’t know that holding the phone piano down 10 secs initiated a reset so I have just tried on my car it did indeed reset and also Tom Tom came up bottom right.
I will be seeing a Peugeot dealer tomorrow (I used to work in a Peugeot dealership) and see if he can help.
It does seem to be something within the initial start up I also noticed that when Tom Tom doesn’t activate the screen where it shows Connected Services Activated shows beneath this that the Availabilityof connected services is Unavailable.
Hopefully Peugeot are looking in to already

Any updates from your end mate?
Effay

Post by Effay »

Watching with interest as I have the same problem with my 72 plate 3008. I have actually booked mine into dealers but best date is January 2023 !!!
Sibl

Post by Sibl »

Exactly same problem, but is intermittent, the only resolution is to hold phone piano key down to reboot, then connects every time, therefore don’t consider it to be a comms issue.It’s almost as if it does not connect initially, for some reason, it won’t.Unless system is reset. Currently within first 3 yrs of subscription. Given how intermittent this service is I guess I won’t renew the subscription service, if many customers take this view, it may prompt a response to find resolution.
Scratcher28

Post by Scratcher28 »

My problem is similar I think. The SatNav traffic info is sourced from my phone through bluetooth. This is fine until I plug the phone in for carplay. This disconnects bluetooth and therefore traffic, speed cameras etc disappears. It used to work OK. Any ideas? Blame the latest Peugeot App update?