3008 HARD WIRE EARTH

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
Ilsonlad1

Post by Ilsonlad1 »

Hi all,

I want to hardwire a Next Base dash cam into my 2013 3008 diesel (i'll be using the official Next Base Hardwire kit) and wondered if any one could give any advice on which fuse would be best to use and where I might be able to attach the earth wire to? I've had a look but can't see anywhere that might be suitable for the earth at all?

thanks in advance

belfast4

Post by belfast4 »

rather than hardware it, the easiest way to do what you are doing is to buy a cigarette lighter extension plug the same as what you would plug something in to, and have an auto spark cut the end of it and wire it into your fuse box. you can then leave it in there and connect your camera to it. you could even have a double one wired in to use for anything else you might need. fuse boxes in peugeot's are quite hard to work at if you don't know what you are doing.
Ilsonlad1

Post by Ilsonlad1 »

Hi thanks for your reply and sorry for my late reply to you. I decided to hard wire it in myself after all and to be honest it was pretty easy after I bought the correct hard-wire kit from halfords. Thank you for your input
Bigfoot1

Post by Bigfoot1 »

Ilsonlad1 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:29 am Hi thanks for your reply and sorry for my late reply to you. I decided to hard wire it in myself after all and to be honest it was pretty easy after I bought the correct hard-wire kit from halfords. Thank you for your input
Hello, sorry to bother you. Do you know which fuse you used? I also bought a dashcam hardwire kit but I'm not sure which fuse is the best to use.
Old Salt

Post by Old Salt »

Bigfoot1,
you may not get a reply from lisonlad1 as he last posted on this thread 23 months ago. Do you have a 3008 mk1 or mk2, if it is the mk2 (2017 onwards) I may be able to help you?

David