New maps and firmware

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
Thomo

Post by Thomo »

Hi I have just updated the firmware today, the French website has been revamped, a lot clearer instructions on how to do the update.
Put the licence in its own folder and once main files have been extracted go into the file and put the long number file on your usb.
Worked this way for me.
Good luck!

Trebor

Post by Trebor »

Thanks Thomo,

Just done the map update, will do firmware tomorrow. Web site definitely a step in the right direction.
GT Line 1.6 Petrol Auto Perlescent White
Heated Front Seats with Driver Massage Function, Full Size Alloy Spare, Detachable Towbar with 13 Pin Plug, Smart Electric Tailgate inc Open & Go, Adaptive Cruise Control, Visio Park 2
3008 Fanatic

Post by 3008 Fanatic »

I tried exactly as described, but totally different.
I sent a patch from the website on my TV box. Copied this to a USB stick, then defragged my hard drive, sent the resulting file in zip format. Did a 3 to 1.25 compression, then opened the file using a .ctx file format. This initially didn’t work. So I tried again by loading Kodi revision 16 on my jailbroken tv box. For some reason a guy called general failure started reading my hard drive. Who is he?
das1962

Post by das1962 »

I also downloaded the firmware update from Peugeot France converted the pdf instructions to English realised you only need the licence file if you don’t have the SOS and Peugeot assistance, anyway unzipped file with 7-zip and put onto an empty usb, first it will say no media files on usb then after 30 seconds or so it says” Version not supported by hardware” any ideas on that one guys?
3008 GT Line 1.2 Manual in Nero Black :D
Trebor

Post by Trebor »

The usb stick must be formatted to fat32, that could be the problem if it is not.
Heated Front Seats with Driver Massage Function, Full Size Alloy Spare, Detachable Towbar with 13 Pin Plug, Smart Electric Tailgate inc Open & Go, Adaptive Cruise Control, Visio Park 2
das1962

Post by das1962 »

Thanks for the reply, it is FAT32, I will probably end up getting it done when it gets it’s 6 week checkup, I’ll definitely mention it as my contacts don’t all show up via Bluetooth either so that’s a problem.
3008 GT Line 1.2 Manual in Nero Black :D
Trebor

Post by Trebor »

There is a workaround for the contacts propblem, if you search the forum you should be able to find it.

Back to the firmware update. I did mine yesterday. When you unzip the file you end up with a single directory. You need to go into the directory where you will find a folder and a file. You need to put the folder and the file as the root of the usb. Despite not supposedly needing the license I still created a “license” folder and put the license file in it. All then worked ok.
belfast4

Post by belfast4 »

When it says no media files is there not an arrow in the top left corner of the box on the screen press that it should then say update yes or no. Or if you press the clock, press options, system settings then view. It lets you see what you have installed it should say update in the top left corner see if that finds the file on the usb.
kensden

Post by kensden »

Can anybody post the link to the French web site in order to update the maps and firmware on the new 3008.
Thank You :)
Trebor

Post by Trebor »