new 3008 suv problem !!!

All Peugeot 3008 related discussions
topper

Post by topper »

So got my 3008 SUV 1.2 allure a month ago.
recently noticed a knocking noise from the rear when going over bumps and not severe bumps.
sounded like loose exhaust or some bracket adrift.
spent all weekend looking for the culprit as i am a mechanical engineer.
nothing found !
Finally got car into dealer today to be told after a test drive by the mechanic that a bulletin from Peugeot 48 hrs ago identified a problem with the rear coil springs and seats that resulted in a noise from suspension on near smooth or uneven surfaces.
they need to order the parts as none in the UK and may take 2 weeks to get and fix.
All this and they never looked under the vehicle !
they told my wife who took it in that it is perfectly safe to drive though which i find baffling as they never looked !
I called them to ask if this replacement will cure the fault and all they said was this is the procedure they have to follow from the bulletin.
Anyone else had this fault as the dealer has told me mine is the first in the UK this is why they have no parts ?
Personally i think it sounds like BS !

Thomo

Post by Thomo »

Hi, I have a similar problem with knocking noise in that area, only when you go into a bump and more noticeable with four people in.
Have been to the dealer and they adjusted some of the plastic underneath and exhaust had been hitting that area under passenger, still the same.
It will be interesting to find out if the coil fixes it.
John2

Post by John2 »

Peugeot's attitude seems to be that they will not order parts until the vehicle has been inspected by the dealer, even if they know what work is needed, and they do not hold stocks of parts even for known faults. I had to go to the dealer twice (two round trips of 60 miles each) before they would do the work needed for the recent recall.

My previous two cars were Vauxhalls, and they always managed recalls with no problem. Much as I love the 3008, at this rate my next car will probably be another Vauxhall (although Peugeot own them as well now).
den2712

Post by den2712 »

had a similar problem on a previous car. solution was a bit of plastic between the springs and the cups they're seated in
3008 Fanatic

Post by 3008 Fanatic »

My car had a persistent rattling and humming sound from the passenger side. As soon as I banned the wife from my car, it stopped. I can’t replicate the sound no matter how hard I try. Ideas anyone?
Thomo

Post by Thomo »

Hi topper, I have had my car in again about the noise and they have found the passengers side shock absorber had not been tightened up at the factory! If you are still having a problem get it in now.
3008 Fanatic

Post by 3008 Fanatic »

I too used to have a knocking noise in the back, i realised it was the mothet in law locked in her box. Since ive startted leaving her at home, the noise has vanished
hrvatskijim

Post by hrvatskijim »

Hi - i am new to this forum.

I have the same problem discussed on this thread. I will be getting rid of this car in one month's time. Can anyone tell me what is the cost of getting this rattling fixed via a Peugeot dealer? Or can it be fixed by any mechanic?

Thank in advance for any advice.
Tashira

Post by Tashira »

If it’s part of a recall then I think it has to be Peugeot
david R

Post by david R »

I just got my car back fron JCT Leeds, they have changed the driver's side rear droplink, due to excessive play, which was causing the suspension rattling noise, my car is aa 18 months old 3008 GT.